Ontopic The 3D printing thread

I haven't posted on here much in the last few days, because 99.99% of my spare time has been spent getting this shit ready for retail sale.

mbPRjlIh.jpg

And it's now officially for sale. Frickin' 3D printed donair meat cooker in a frickin' laser cut cardboard container that looks like a frickin' donair. Never has technology been used for anything more useless.

So in lieu of a UF shirt, a Tom Petty shirt had to do. I done gone done a thing.

m543yYOl.jpg

It's been crazy. Sold ~400 of the things in 5 days. Got several printers running flat-out including my own at a friend's tech shop, trying to clear the backorder.

Also why did you not let us know you are from Sackville? If we knew you from Sackville our jokes would have been much better.
I'm from Newfoundland, currently living in the St. Margaret's Bay area.

Mo's shop is in Sackville because it's a cheap place to get a storefront, and he can get away with shit like venting the laser cutters outside without pissing off anyone. Same strip mall as a bong shop and a pizza place. He's from Bedford, which is Halifax's pretentious suburb, so I'm sure he aches just a little inside when he heads over to Sackville though :)

I'll check if he has international shipping turned on yet, if not I'll get him to turn it on. We've been staging local pickup only, then Canada only, just to keep the order count reasonable.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
International shipping isn't enabled yet, too much trouble figuring out shipping costs and programming them into the website and stuff at this point. When things calm down they'll get it set up proper.

Fire an email to [email protected] with your address and zip code and whatever, they'll figure something out and get your stuff sent out. Tell them Gary sent ya.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Ledboots
International shipping isn't enabled yet, too much trouble figuring out shipping costs and programming them into the website and stuff at this point. When things calm down they'll get it set up proper.

Fire an email to [email protected] with your address and zip code and whatever, they'll figure something out and get your stuff sent out. Tell them Gary sent ya.

You'll make a killing marketing it as a Shwarma set in NYC

• Gravy
All I gotta do is print the meat with a different color filament and bam, shawarma.

I'll hold off on the exploding ornament jokes though, I do have a Muslim guy named Mohammed making them for me and I'm sure he deals with enough bullshit as it is from the little wickies of the world, I ain't gonna add to it.

It's been funny though, he doesn't celebrate Christmas so wasn't really sure how the whole Christmas tree tradition works. Now all of a sudden he's overwhelmed making Christmas tree ornaments.

Got my 3D printer back from Eurekatec's shop, and the "bunch of shit I ordered on 11.11" upgrades are getting done.

Now rockin' a Trianglelab clone of an E3D Titan Aero extruder. Printed a near-perfect Benchy starting out, now running off some donair ornaments for family with it.

• Gravy