That's a BIG baby!

JaymieT

Flaccid Member
Nov 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BRAZIL_BIG_BABY?SITE=PASUN&SECTION=HOME

SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) -- A woman in northeastern Brazil has given birth to what one doctor called a "giant baby," a boy weighing 16.7 pounds.

Francisca Ramos dos Santos, 38, gave birth to the healthy boy named Ademilton on Tuesday at a hospital in Salvador, 900 miles northeast of Sao Paulo. He was the largest baby born at the Albert Sabin Maternity Hospital in its 12-year history, the hospital said.

"Obviously the baby was born by Caesarean section," hospital director Rita Leal said. "Both mother and baby are doing just fine."

Ademilton "could truly be considered a giant baby, for he was born weighing what a six-month-old-baby normally weighs," pediatrician Luiz Sena Azul told the Correio da Bahia newspaper.

Santos has four other children - ages 9, 12, 14, and 15 - who were born weighing between 7.7 pounds and 11 pounds.

"She knew Ademilton would be a big baby, but not this big" Leal said. "She, her husband and the hospital staff were caught by surprise."

The average weight for newborns in Brazil is 7.7 pounds for boys and 6.6 pounds for girls.

theacoustician said:
I heard something about the fact that she was a diabetic and didn't watch her sugar intake properly during pregnancy.

You guys all told three different stories on how this happened...wtf.

BigDov said:
For your electric boyfriend, or for yourself??? :wtf:

Did I say I have an electric boyfriend? No, I just said there are some advantages to one :lol:

I want to send one to a "special" friend.