That wacky Hamas.

Sarcasmo said:
And measures to control any hostilities that threaten to break through the wall and affect those on the other side. Perhaps some kind of gas to pump in.
Oh if only we still lived in the days when the world was flat and we could send them all to Austrailia

Sarcasmo said:
And measures to control any hostilities that threaten to break through the wall and affect those on the other side. Perhaps some kind of gas to pump in.

G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate would do the trick.

Maybe it's not so terrible that they won. Maybe the hard realities of actually running a government and keeping the lights on will mellow them a bit.

Alternately, maybe they'll just let things fall apart. Who knows.

itburnswhenipee said:
Maybe it's not so terrible that they won. Maybe the hard realities of actually running a government and keeping the lights on will mellow them a bit.

Nah, I'm pretty sure they'll just declare open war on Israel, and by proxy, us.

itburnswhenipee said:

Well they've also let themselves fall prey to the massive amount of global funding pouring into the area. The US and other countries now have the power to, in essence, blackmail Hamas by way of withdrawing the only income the country has. So it could really work out well.

Pandora said:
We can have Mexico design them for us. I've heard they're great with tunnels.

The La Migra found a close to 250ft long one about 2 weeks ago, and they say there are probably dozens more like it.

KNYTE said:
The La Migra found a close to 250ft long one about 2 weeks ago, and they say there are probably dozens more like it.
:lol: I read about that! It was 5' tall, had electricity and was made out of concrete with 2 tons of pot in it, and the authorities called it "primitive"

zengirl said:
:lol: I read about that! It was 5' tall, had electricity and was made out of concrete with 2 tons of pot in it, and the authorities called it "primitive"

That's a different one. That one with the pot in it was half a mile long, and surfaced in the back room of a business. Nothing primitive about it, I don't know why the hell anyone would say that. That tunnel was awesome.

Sarcasmo said:
That's a different one. That one with the pot in it was half a mile long, and surfaced in the back room of a business. Nothing primitive about it, I don't know why the hell anyone would say that. That tunnel was awesome.
That's what I thought, I think it was kinda like on the playground when the kid you hate gets the toy you wanted for Christmas and you got underwear, you're all..."Yeah well that sucks anyway"

KNYTE said:
Nah, I'm pretty sure they'll just declare open war on Israel, and by proxy, us.
Honestly, I doubt it. The elections gives them legitimacy and I think that will settle them down. They simply don't have the army to go to war with Israel and the suicide bombers were just a way to say how pissed off they were. I think you'll see a much more moderate Hamas.

fly said:
Honestly, I doubt it. The elections gives them legitimacy and I think that will settle them down. They simply don't have the army to go to war with Israel and the suicide bombers were just a way to say how pissed off they were. I think you'll see a much more moderate Hamas.

I agree completely. This makes them viable, and that essential component of prolonged terrorist campaigns - frustration - will probably decrease significantly. They have their own country, with their own government now, and tensions should ease. This will be the test of that, at least.

If tensions don't ease, and the violence continues, then you know what their real motivation is. And the international community will confiscate (and Israel could annihilate, if provoked) everything they've just achieved.

fly said:

For some reason I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode where they're having a UN meeting and someone says "But I thought that the USSR was dissolved" and the Russian chancelor goes "That is what we wanted you to think" *flip his country sign changes to USSR, it flashes to Russia and tanks and troops roll out all over the place, and Lenin rises from his glass grave and, very zombie-like, says "MUST CRUSH CAPITALISM!" :fly: