that sleazy son of a butch

Status
Not open for further replies.

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥21,495
Few months ago my truck died while I was driving around the city. Turns out it was a bad fuel pump. Very well; AAA'd it to a mechanic I know across the street from the office. Supposedly gives us good deals because we work across the street.

$876 later, I had a new fuel pump. It's so much because on Chevy trucks the pump is in the fuel tank so that needs to be dropped before the pump is replaced. I was annoyed but I don't have the facilities to do any of the work myself. Sux 2 b me.

Got it back and problems abound. I wish I could have taken it back immediately but I had training to go to. I was gone for a few weeks, when I got back I noticed all the problems.

1. Check engine light was now on. Later learned it was lean ratio.

2. Lost low end torque.

3. Lost top end power; if I tried to go WOT on the highway it would lug and threaten to die.

4. Lost 2-4mpg.

Took the truck back when I finally had the time, he did a fuel pressure test and told me it was in spec. I didn't buy it but I didn't have time to argue. Shit's been busy the past few months.

Truck dies again a few weeks ago. I didn't have the money for another major repair nor the time to take it in so it's been sitting in a parking spot in the suburbs for nearly a month. I called the guy when it happened and he continued to say it wasn't the pump, that it wasn't his fault.

Finally had a chance today to take it in and what do ya know, the fucking pump is bad. I don't give a fuck that it's been three months since the replacement, if that motherfucker refuses to pay for this - as well as the tow, storage and diagnostic fees I'm incurring this weekend - I'm taking that son of a bitch to court.

This is merely a vent thread and I already know how I'm going to handle it but feel free to post your cases of mechanics trying to rip you off.

i could've told you it was another bad fuel pump immediatly. they have a decent out of box failure rate.

$900 even for dropping the tank is super gay though. they just overhype that shit, there's nothing to taking it off.

i could've told you it was another bad fuel pump immediatly. they have a decent out of box failure rate.

$900 even for dropping the tank is super gay though. they just overhype that shit, there's nothing to taking it off.
I agree on both counts. I knew it was the pump again but he refused to admit it. I took it to someone else because I don't trust this guy.

Sorry to hear you had this problem, I hope you get it worked out before winter. Are you back in Chicago?

Last edited:
This is not a gay thread. A military employee is talking about automotive work on a GM pickup truck. There isn't even a shred of anything remotely gay about this thread.

This is not a gay thread. A military employee is talking about automotive work on a GM pickup truck. There isn't even a shred of anything remotely gay about this thread.

He did use the words 'Fuel Pump'...

'Lost low end torque'

'Lost top end power'

It's close man, it's close.

He'll fix it for you. If he doesn't he's an idiot. You said that he does work for "us," which I assume means other people in your office. You'll cost him more than $900 by just telling people in your office how shitty he is. Lever that shit.

Picked it up tonight, no charge and he covered the original tow + diagnostic (I ate up a AAA service, though). No check engine light, I have torkues aplenty, we'll see about the fuel efficiency.

He keeps saying it wasn't the fuel pump causing the problem yet amazingly he put this new one in and it runs fine. Yut.

Status
Not open for further replies.