Thanksgiving's over now........ :(

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
close to Seattle
Marklar
₥0
and as much as I hate to admit it, I'll be missing it for another 361 days (unless 2005 is a leap year) until next Thanksgiving. Aunt Twylia's stuffing was to die for this year and there just weren't enough leftovers to go around :(

I noticed that it was kind of slow around here this weekend, so I can only assume most of you were spending time with your family ( :fly: ) and I hope you all had a good time doing it.

I also wanted to let you all know that I was thankful this year for each and every one of you, my UF family :o

:heart: BigDov

i'll miss my five-day weekend.

but other than that, spending time with the family was great, and spending time with friends coming back into town from college was fun.

the best part about thanksgiving being over is that grandma makes turkey salad with the left overs. :drool:

Ahh .. Americans figuring something out on their own.... How magical !

:p

I love Turkey in the Weberwith Hickory woodchips. Christmas isnt far away !

I love thanksgiving, the only time my whole family gets drunk together with two other families whom the kids are all best friends, as the parents are all best friends...doesn't get any better than that.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National...p/2004/11/29/1101577401970.html?oneclick=true

Most boring holiday ever ! (Schoolies is the unofficial end of High School celebration)

Police raid schoolies ship
November 29, 2004 - 2:49PM

Police today raided a cruise ship as it prepared to leave Sydney with almost 2000 schoolies week revellers on board.

A police spokeswoman said officers and sniffer dogs descended on wharf eight at Darling Harbour early in the afternoon to conduct a drug operation.

About 1900 schoolies were searched for drugs as they boarded the cruise ship.

"We expect some results later this evening," she said.

The destination of the cruise ship was not known at this stage, the spokeswoman said.

So why can't you go up to the grocery store, buy a turkey and cook it? Or is there something I am missing?

thrawn said:
So why can't you go up to the grocery store, buy a turkey and cook it? Or is there something I am missing?
Doesn't turkey take hours to cook? I guess I could go to the butchers if I had any idea of how to go about cooking it.

Galen said:
Doesn't turkey take hours to cook? I guess I could go to the butchers if I had any idea of how to go about cooking it.

I cooked a nine pound turkey in just about 3.5 hours earlier last week. That still doesn't stop him from going up to the store, buying a turkey and cooking it. Especially if he wants it more than once a year.

thrawn said:
I cooked a nine pound turkey in just about 3.5 hours earlier last week. That still doesn't stop him from going up to the store, buying a turkey and cooking it. Especially if he wants it more than once a year.
true, I guess not.