Thread Thanksgiving

4CpJd.jpg

All the grub looks great!!!!

I tried a new way of cooking the bird this year which was basically slow cooking it. You separate the skin from the breast and spread butter in between. Lay the skin back down, cover and bake @ 450 for 20 mins, then 250 for one hour per pound. I did remove the cover the last 40 mins and turned the heat back up to 350 to get the crispy skin. The turkey was like dripping with moisture. The white meat was so incredibly tender and juicy, I couldn't believe I made it. :rollout:

Ok-ish china with turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, something that could either be a roll or some kind of pastry, might be the mac and cheese crap in the background but hard to tell.

I notice a distinct lack of fresh vegetables. Like seriously, where's the peas, corn... something. Also none of the food is really touching the other food. Uptight much? >.>

Not everyone likes gravy >.> (I don't like turkey gravy) Some people make mashed potato with a mixer. Personally I think it tastes like whipped potato when you do that so I always mash it by hand. Also usually use Yukon's and they are a more a yellowish color.

It is turkey with apple cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes (by hand) with cream cheese, corn bread stuffing, green bean casserole, roll, pumpkin mac and cheese, there was turkey gravy which was delicious (i'm not usually a fan)... he also made pecan pie and a pumpkin creamcheese pie.

Ok-ish china with turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, something that could either be a roll or some kind of pastry, might be the mac and cheese crap in the background but hard to tell.

I notice a distinct lack of fresh vegetables. Like seriously, where's the peas, corn... something. Also none of the food is really touching the other food. Uptight much? >.>
It wasn't till we were sitting down that we realized that we didn't make the corn. Whoops

(We did have green bean casserole tho. :D )

Yep. Did a different brine this year (after years of using Altons). I used the brine and stock recipe from here. Delish

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...roast-turkey-with-pan-gravy-recipe/index.html

What you do this year?

Looks great, but god damn, 24 ounces of each honey AND maple syrup in the brine? That's seems like a lot.

This year I didn't cook, just went to my parents and my in-laws for two turkey dinners. I just made stuffing to bring to my in-laws, otherwise it would have been crap from a box. I really missed cooking a big bird. Next weekend though, we're doing our annual ugly sweater party, so I'll be cooking up shitloads of stuff for about 30-40 people. That should be fun...