Food ThanksGiving (US) Thread - Whos dong is what and where?

Fuck that - I'd just give up I think. I try to do vegetarian for some family but there comes a point when I go "forget it"

I'd happily eat the flan I just made in front of them too and say "you want it? it's soooo gooooood" ;)

What I want to know, only because it's never happened to me, If I go to a vegan's house, do they make me a steak 'out of consideration and tolerance'?

Well my sister for the longest time refused to pick up the tab when we went out (even though the rest of us did) because she claimed she wouldn't even buy meat. There was no way in hell she'd even think of making it for me.

It is nice if you can accommodate people's requests and definitely allergies and stuff. I just stop caring with the requests become too great.

It's true, we also shouldn't be eating meat for every meal based on this food science book I was reading.

That I get, but some claim that we like never ate meat or very very rarely. I'm not against eating meat but I don't eat it daily so I don't really care. Just for every argument someone might have for eating meat, many vegetarians/vegans have something to say it's wrong. I live with one in the family who is obnoxious about it so I hear a bunch of things like that.

'cuz being a steak eater isn't a 'special need.'

-smh-

The Black Angus breed only exists because people eat it, and keep breeding them.
If everyone were to go vegan tomorrow, the Black Angus would go extinct because no one would eat them, so no one would feed or breed them.

Meat is murder, but veganism is GENOCIDE!!!

-smbc