Halp Thanksgiving Food ideas

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
So chim and I have been invited to two thanksgivings this year and I thought it would be nice to share with each other your favorite recipes to give everyone new ideas.

Thoughts? chim is going to make his famous sweet potato with pecan casserole but I was thinking about making some more food. Ideas?

I will see if I can get the recipe from chim later.

I made some sweet mashed potatoes with goat cheese and roasted postatios this weekend. That may make it into the rotation for Thanksgiving, as it was pretty good.

I can't believe we are going to Michigan next week already.

I'm looking for a good roll recipe. I still need to make Dans bread recipe he posted eons ago.

What are your traditional tasties? They might be ordinary to you but different for someone else.

I think I am going to make some cranberry sauce, too, and perhaps maybe kentucky bourbon balls.

We are apparently going to 3 thanksgivings.

Thanksgiving was last month, idiots.

I smoked a whole turkey breast that i rubbed with cajun spice and injected with melted butter. it was fucking awesome.

Maybe it's a newfoundland thing, but for me, boiled corned beef is mandatory at the thanksgiving dinner table.

Buy a couple pounds of corned beef brisket, aka trimmed navel beef - god knows if you can buy it in stores where you are. Soak it overnight in a gallon of cold water, replace the water and boil it on the stove for a few hours until it starts to flake apart. It's delicious, and its saltiness goes great with a savory thing like thanksgiving turkey.

Sweet potato casserole is awesome. Probably shouldn't propose another lest you guys fall into some "gay guys who bring casseroles" stereotype.

If you want to make a dessert, I'll hook you guys up. If you're not afraid of making pastry, I've got damn good recipes for pumpkin pie, apple pie, etc.