Halp Thanksgiving Food ideas

I can't believe we are going to Michigan next week already.

I'm looking for a good roll recipe. I still need to make Dans bread recipe he posted eons ago.

when you find good roll recipe, post. IIm lookin for one too

when you find good roll recipe, post. IIm lookin for one too

Try this
You might have to play with the times for rising and such, but they are good rolls.

> One-hour yeast rolls
>
>
> 2 packages dry yeast
>
> 1 ½ cups warm milk
>
> 2 T. sugar
>
> 2 T. vegetable oil
>
> 1 t. salt
>
> 1 egg
>
> 4 cups flour (for a light whole wheat roll, use 1.5 cups w wheat, 2.5 cups plain flour)
>
>
> Mix yeast in warm milk.
>
> Wait 5 min. & add all else but flour.
>
> After mixing above, slowly add the flour.
>
> Place in greased bowl, cover with damp towel, let rise 15 min in warm place.
>
> Punch dough down in the bowl, cover, let rise another 15 min.
>
> With floured hands, shape into lumps the size of small eggs.
>
> Place on greased sheet, let rise 15 min.
>
> Bake for 15 min. at 400.
>
>

I have an awesome roll recipe, but it's in a magazine around here somewhere that I can't find. It's pretty much a bread recipe, but with a couple eggs and more butter than usual.

I made these last weekend, but I think I packed them too tight in the dish so they came out doughy and dark brown on top. GRR

http://www.sunnysideupsd.com/2011/11/soft-yeast-rolls/

crvqV.jpg

Does anyone else use Evernote for their recipes? It's like epic for that.. I'm constantly collecting recipes from the web and "snipping" them to evernote with the nifty Chrome/FF plugin.

Books require too much... dedication. I really like CI because I like the science and Im force fed new things every month.

trust me, they're worthwhile, especially Bouchon and AdHoc. He's one of the best chefs in the world, and those books are for fairly regular dishes, but with refined techniques - which is just what CI is about. Seriously - best fried chicken ever makes adhoc worthwhile.

Books require too much... dedication. I really like CI because I like the science and Im force fed new things every month.
If you're a man of science and you're into food, watch Good Eats if you don't already.