thanks, honey...

Galen said:
Honestly. Fuck the fact that you want your wife/SO to get a personal message and feel good, or you just want to brighten up her day a little bit. NO! YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEE AS THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN BRINGING A SMILE TO SOMEONES FACE.

Am I the only person who see's something wrong with that attitude? Is that what romance is all about, showing others how much you care?

i don't think it would be for him, it would be for her. showing others that this person is loved and appreciated. i don't see anything wrong with that. if the gesture is made with intent of getting your OWN ego stroked, then there's a problem.

Thorn Bird said:
i don't think it would be for him, it would be for her. showing others that this person is loved and appreciated. i don't see anything wrong with that. if the gesture is made with intent of getting your OWN ego stroked, then there's a problem.
Perhaps I'm just a bit more refined. I'd much rather prefer a quiet moment to a look at me one.

Galen said:
Perhaps I'm just a bit more refined. I'd much rather prefer a quiet moment to a look at me one.
i believe in balance. not everything has to be shown, and not everything has to be a "quiet moment."
spange proposed to me in my apartment with no one around. it was the most intimate thing. he's also sent flowers to my work. he made me feel special without him around.

b_sinning said:
It is a large amount of it. The other part is proving to that person how much you care.

yeah, like willing to make a fool out of yourself to show how much.

you can say, "I love you" to someone a million times, but it is the time that you say it in front of someone else that it means a little bit more.

Not all romantic moments need to be filled with candles, soft music and no one else. Everything disappears when you are in love. Maybe you are to inexperienced in the matter, Galen, that you have not witnessed the thing in which I speak.