Texas...

S

smileynev

...http://www.startribune.com/stories/418/5308570.html

yeah. Only in Texas and Florida can such things happen.

Thieves make off with three-bedroom brick house
Associated Press
March 23, 2005 TRAILER0324

LINDALE, Texas -— When Smith County Constable Dennis Taylor got a call reporting a stolen house, his first question was, "Is it a trailer house, ma'am?''

"No, it's a brick house,'' the real estate company representative replied.

Board by board, shingle by shingle, for nearly three months, thieves dismantled a three-bedroom brick house in this East Texas town and carted it away until only a pile of rubble was left.

Authorities allege Brandon Ray Parmer, 29, and Darrell Patrick Maxfield, 44, both of Tyler, took the house apart and sold it for drugs, in plain view of everyone cruising by along Lindale's main street.

Taylor said the men worked slowly and haphazardly in daylight, with no one questioning their work, because everyone assumed it was the work of two large retail stores laying new foundations nearby.

"It's the strangest case I've ever worked in my life,'' Taylor said. "Everybody drove by and waved at them.''

Authorities also arrested Jesse Gino Vega, 36, who is accused of giving cash and methamphetamine to the other two men in exchange for the materials from the home.

Officers got "about five trailer loads of property that came out of that house,'' Taylor said, then paused. "Well, it didn't come out of the house. It was the house.''

:lol: Thats the funniest thing I've read all day! But who would thing two guys dismantling a house would be thieves?? It could be the new trend ;)

Coqui said:
You figured at some point before the house was dissasembled she would have figured out that her house was missing pieces.

nobody was living there it sounds like.

smileynev said:
nobody was living there it sounds like.

yep

otherwise it would be something like "hmmm, now where did I put that kitchen?? I'd lose my nose if it weren't attached to my face!" :lol: