Texas school district allows teachers to carry guns

oh come on man, you can't be that blonde...the numbers are low but to simply say it has never happened is complete BS

first article that came up on google for ccw + homicide

http://www.hoover.org/publications/policyreview/3574822.html

When Florida's law went into effect, Miami's police chief ordered his officers to compile detailed reports of all police encounters with permit holders. In Miami, the number of permits increased from 1,200 in September 1987 to 21,092 in August 1992, when the police department decided that the behavior of permit holders did not merit further study. In five years, permit holders were convicted in these instances of criminal misuse of a firearm: two cases of aggravated assault involving a firearm, one case of armed trespass, and one case of a motorist shooting at another driver. In addition, one permit holder unthinkingly attempted to enter the secure area at Miami's airport with a firearm in her purse, and another accidentally shot himself in the leg.

In Florida as a whole, 315,000 permits had been issued by December 31, 1995. Only five had been revoked because the permit holder committed a violent crime with a gun.

oh come on man, you can't be that blonde...the numbers are low but to simply say it has never happened is complete BS

first article that came up on google for ccw + homicide

http://www.hoover.org/publications/policyreview/3574822.html

*yawn

Now find me a link where some school teacher, shop foreman, car salesman, or waiter pulled his weapon and started blasting simply because he had a rough weekend, which is what we are actually talking about here.

Actually, don't do that. Arguing with you and Johnny about the LOGIC of gun ownership has proven to be a pointless exercise several times over.

Educate yourself on the matter.

Last edited:
Actually there hasn't been a single instance where a person with a CCW went crazy and shot someone. Not one.

That may or may not be true. If it is not true then I bet the statistics are so low compared to people without CCW that it isn't even worth reporting.

i just don't get how you're not even thinking about this, you're just sure that more guns are a good thing.

Last edited:
I get the point and I have no problem with it but saying it's never happened ever is an outright lie

Ok, you got me. You sure nailed with that one. I concede that this ONE TIME I said something that was inaccurate about gun rights. I gambled that I could get away with it without actually verifying my statement and your incredible googling skills positively destroyed me. You are the king. I'm going to melt my guns down and turn them into a playground for inner-city kids of all races and creeds to play on as one united group, because this entire time gun ownership has kept them from doing that.

I now see the error of my ways.

Does someone want to buy my steak knives? Because I'm going to Vegan and 100% green as well, because WAW caught me in one guess that I made about a gun issue.

Kiwi you should find another man, because I am now a feminist. It's either that or you stop shaving entirely and no longer wear a bra. Also, I will grow dreadlocks.

Last edited:
Ok, you got me. You sure nailed with that one. I concede that this ONE TIME I said something that was inaccurate about gun rights. I gambled that I could away with it without actually verifying my statement and your incredible googling skills positively destroyed me. You are the king. I'm going to melt my guns down and turn them into a playground for inner-city kids of all races and creeds to play on as one united group, because this entire time gun ownership has kept them from doing that.

I now see the error of my ways.

Does someone want to buy my steak knives? Because I'm going to Vegan and 100% green as well, because WAW caught me in one guess that I made about a gun issue.

Kiwi you should find another man, because I am now a feminist. It's either that or you stop shaving entirely and no longer wear a bra. Also, I will grow dreadlocks.

grow up dude...if you're going to present yourself as some sort of authority on guns than you should have your facts straight...I simply called you on it because it was glaringly obvious BS

i just don't get how you're not even thinking about this, you're just sure that more guns are a good thing.

You're right man. Guns are bad.

So are SUVs and diesel engines. Do you have any idea how much the redwood forest is suffering because of vehicle emissions? It's an atrocity.

So are SUVs and diesel engines. Do you have any idea how much the redwood forest is suffering because of vehicle emissions? It's an atrocity.

what about the dude in cali that has to cut down his ancient redwood tree becuase it's blocking his neighbors poorly placed solar panel?

guns aren't bad, but they aren't universally good either. you act like if you get a rash you should just put some guns on it and it'll all be better.

guns aren't bad, but they aren't universally good either. you act like if you get a rash you should just put some guns on it and it'll all be better.

Explain to me, in small and easy to understand sentences, why you think CCW is a bad thing.