Texas school district allows teachers to carry guns

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
guns aren't bad, but they aren't universally good either. you act like if you get a rash you should just put some guns on it and it'll all be better.

But if you get rid of guns... then get rid of knives... then get rid of duct tape.. people will revert to killing each other with sticks and stones... even their bare hands.

Controlling guns does not prevent the crime.

plot

Morning Boehner
Oct 16, 2006
kansas city
Explain to me, in small and easy to understand sentences, why you think CCW is a bad thing.

cause most shootings occur in gun free zones like that mall in nebraska, and if we had CCW it would've only been worse becuase um

wait.

:shady:

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
He is when his wife's being raped.
great, let's only look at the worst case scenario and use reverse induction to say that shoplifters should be held at gunpoint by the concerned citizen who spotted them.

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
one man is not a jury

crossfire is dangerous

One man is a jury when his own life (or family) is being threatened.

If I had a gun I wouldn't think twice about discharging it at someone that is attacking me or Zac.

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
one man is not a jury

crossfire is dangerous

one man is not a jury - You're making this statement with the idea that people with a CCW go around looking for crimes and ways to be a hero. They don't. People that carry are not the retards you see in movies who jump through the air, slide over the top of an ice cream freezer, shoot 4 bad guys, then say "looks like they got their just desserts". You have likely been in numerous rooms, buildings, and parks with a CCWer and you didn't even know it, WHY? Because they mind their own business, just like you do. The difference is that when they HAVE to act to defend themselves they are not doing it with a cup of Starbuck's coffe and their Ipod.

crossfire is dangerous - One of the first things that any good instructor will teach you is CHECK YOUR BACKGROUND. If you fire off a shot that misses and it hits Sally Sue Homemaker then you are responsible for it. It is drilled into everyone that attends a CCW course.

plot

Morning Boehner
Oct 16, 2006
kansas city
Keep in mind, to get a CCW, you gotta go through gun training. Maybe the solution is to make that training alot more rigorous?

Either way, any trained person with a gun carrying it 24/7 is safer than one untrained jackass with access to one for 5 minutes.

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
one man is not a jury - You're making this statement with the idea that people with a CCW go around looking for crimes and ways to be a hero. They don't. People that carry are not the retards you see in movies who jump through the air, slide over the top of an ice cream freezer, shoot 4 bad guys, then say "looks like they got their just desserts". You have likely been in numerous rooms, buildings, and parks with a CCWer and you didn't even know it, WHY? Because they mind their own business, just like you do. The difference is that when they HAVE to act to defend themselves they are not doing it with a cup of Starbuck's coffe and their Ipod.

crossfire is dangerous - One of the first things that any good instructor will teach you is CHECK YOUR BACKGROUND. If you fire off a shot that misses and it hits Sally Sue Homemaker then you are responsible for it. It is drilled into everyone that attends a CCW course.
it's the problem of a false positive being worse than a true positive most of the time.

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Keep in mind, to get a CCW, you gotta go through gun training. Maybe the solution is to make that training alot more rigorous?

Either way, any trained person with a gun carrying it 24/7 is safer than one untrained jackass with access to one for 5 minutes.
that's definitely true.

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
can I ask a completely sincere question of the gun people? what inspired the moment in your life when you decided "I need a gun"? I ask this question with no malice or ridicule....entirely empirical line of questioning

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
can I ask a completely sincere question of the gun people? what inspired the moment in your life when you decided "I need a gun"? I ask this question with no malice or ridicule....entirely empirical line of questioning
Never decided I needed one, just always had one.