Texas is doomed!

From what I remember, the time on the site you listed wasn't even the worst. (I noticed it was in 1 hour increments) I'd say the worst was around 6:30 - 6:45
http://www.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KCMH.html

so it may have gotten briefly worse. that hardly makes it a hurricane though. do you have clean water? are stores and restaurants open? will it be two weeks before your power is back on?

you shouldn't aim to belittle others experiences based on your own watered-down windstorm.

what is that? a zing? fuck your hurricane.

nice game saturday, too. was everyone fearing for those at home?

No it wasn't a zing. It was me telling you to relax. I was making a joke. Should I not make a joke? People died here in Ohio as a result of the storm. That doesn't make me change what I said.

No it wasn't a zing. It was me telling you to relax. I was making a joke. Should I not make a joke? People died here in Ohio as a result of the storm. That doesn't make me change what I said.
then you're telling me the storm killed people, 60% of your county is without power, and you don't think it's a big deal? what i saw over the weekend wasn't a big deal. no one lost power and winds topped out at 30mph. what you're describing is a big deal.

then you're telling me the storm killed people, 60% of your county is without power, and you don't think it's a big deal? what i saw over the weekend wasn't a big deal. no one lost power and winds topped out at 30mph. what you're describing is a big deal.

Ok now I'm confused. You accused me of belittling what happened in Texas with my post about the storm in Ohio, now you're saying the storm in Ohio is just as badand I shouldn't make humor out of either of them? :confused:

Ok now I'm confused. You accused me of belittling what happened in Texas with my post about the storm in Ohio, now you're saying the storm in Ohio is just as badand I shouldn't make humor out of either of them? :confused:
i'm not saying it's just as bad, but based on what you're telling me of your storm's results it wasn't totally benign.

i didn't see you making any humor.

Shitty.

No generator I take it?

Correct. This is the first time I know of that a hurricane maintained some of it's strength after it left the coast. We really don't have to worry about tornados around here much due to the metropolitan set up around, and thunderstorms are usually back up within an hour. I think this took everyone by surprise.

I just got a call from my wife saying the vet office near us expects service by Wednesday though. So hopefully we'll be attached to that circuit (it's just about a block away from us)

Last edited:
NY got hit by a series of thunderstorms last night >< I was outside then wind went form 20mph and hot, to 70-ish and and cold. Of course I was out driving around, just got power back >.>

All this wind and lightning, and I never saw a drop of rain lawls.