Texas Gov. Rick Perry proposes lifting all CCW restrictions

Because cops wear bulletproof vests and they'd prefer people not be able to readily buy ammo that penetrates it would be my 1st guess. :lol:

You shouldn't start pretending to know things about guns or ammunition when you obviously do not.

You shouldn't start pretending to know things about guns or ammunition when you obviously do not.

So what, now I'm not allowed to guess things now? I'm sure you never do that, right? I don't know squat about ammo .. and don't have any wants to either. I didn't say it was the reason, or pretend to know why. It was just a simple statement, based on what knowledge I have on it.

I'm not gonna sit down and study for it, I dnd't know it was a test. :lol:

So what, now I'm not allowed to guess things now? I'm sure you never do that, right? I don't know squat about ammo .. and don't have any wants to either. I didn't say it was the reason, or pretend to know why. It was just a simple statement, based on what knowledge I have on it.

You better take your posts seriously, this is the internet you know!

I'm not gonna sit down and study for it, I dnd't know it was a test.

K.

You made that statement based on the social myth that hollow points are "bad mmkay" because they can penetrate body armor (lozl cop killas), which in reality is entirely not true. Hollow points are even LESS likely to penetrate body armor than a FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) round because they mushroom out and fragment on impact.

Your post did not appear as you "taking a guess", it appeared as though you were being sarcastic and saying "Oh well gee I don't know because they kill cops?" If I misread it that way then I apologize for calling you on it. But I guess only you will ever know how you originally meant it.

Last edited:

It's better to let people think you know ore than you are letting on rather than say something stupid.

man, you leave off one lol and the world holds it against ya lol .. let Mikey get onto my lol usage again and see what I do to him! HMPH!

It's better to let people think you know ore than you are letting on rather than say something stupid.

nope.gif
black2.gif
negrowink.gif

Because cops wear bulletproof vests and they'd prefer people not be able to readily buy ammo that penetrates it would be my 1st guess.
Hollowpoint rounds are less likely to penetrate armor than regular rounds. :p
If the gun wasn't allowed ON the plane in the first place there wouldn't be any problem to begin with .. you wouldn't have a problem at all. You wouldn't have to make the cockpit bullet proof, or spend extra money. The passengers could just beat the shit out of him like real men.
Yes but if the gun wasn't allowed the hijacker would use something like oh, I dunno...a box cutter? :fly:
The people trampling people reason is one of my reasons behind that. My 2nd reason .. You wanna gang up and pound the shit out of someone trying to muscle the pilot around .. go ahead .. but I'd really prefer to not have 10 people stand up shooting at someone at the front of the plane and have my 2 overly large co-passengers squash me trying to duck, or have bullets ricocheting around my head .

Call me crazy, but just the thought of that happeneing... makes me wanna driver EVERYWHERE :lol:

It's not crazy and it makes sense. Some people just feel safer knowing they can defend themselves and that the deterrant factor of an armed society prevents many crazies from attempting this stuff in the first place.

Either way it would still be up to the airline and most wouldn't allow it. But I would be the first to fly GLOCK Air. :D

what about smoking bans and bans on underage people?

Smoking bans piss me off. If I own a bar and I want my customers to be allowed to smoke I have that right. If a person doesn't want to come into a bar where smoking is allowed, I don't want their business. If my employee doesn't want to work in a place that allowes smoking they can find another job. My business, my right. If enough people don't want smoking bars I will eventually go out of business.

Let the market decide.

As for underage drinkers, the drinking age is retarded to begin with. You can put a rifle into a kid's hands and send him into a combat zone to protect his country but he can't have a fucking beer with his unit when he gets home. :tard: :rolleyes:

Minors aren't allowed to drink. That doesn't mean they're not allowed to be inside bars.

Smoking bans piss me off. If I own a bar and I want my customers to be allowed to smoke I have that right. If a person doesn't want to come into a bar where smoking is allowed, I don't want their business. If my employee doesn't want to work in a place that allowes smoking they can find another job. My business, my right. If enough people don't want smoking bars I will eventually go out of business.

Let the market decide.

As for underage drinkers, the drinking age is retarded to begin with. You can put a rifle into a kid's hands and send him into a combat zone to protect his country but he can't have a fucking beer with his unit when he gets home. :tard: :rolleyes:

Minors aren't allowed to drink. That doesn't mean they're not allowed to be inside bars.

Thats why before I was 21 I was stationed in Turkey where the drinking age was 18 on base. Stupid fucking law.

In AL it is up to the owner of the bar on whether or not they can/will allow smoking.

A ban passed by the City of Birmingham in 2005 excludes bars and lounges, while one in Mountain Brook allows smoking in restaurants after 4 p.m. if more than 40 percent of an establishment's business is from alcohol sales.
http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/shelby.ssf?/base/news/117689851256630.xml&coll=2

I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed. But that only applies to bars or restaurants who serve more alcohol than food (like Buffalo Wild Wings or similar, pretty much a sports bar).

The rest of the ban is because 2nd hand smoke is so bad for you. It's actually worse than smoking a cigarette yourself. So the general public isn't harmed, they put a restriction on it in "public places".. because so many people were sueing and winning). Or at least that the reasoning around here anyways.

Let the market decide.

I totally agree on the drinking point. The federal government will help you take out a $50,000 loan to go to college, because you can be responsible with that kind of money. But buying beer is out of your league.

The argument that is even more compelling than this is that American culture, and the norm of 21, make alcohol so effing desirable in the first place. The laws designed to solve the problem, in my opinion, are the source of the vast bulk of the problem. My parents raised me by letting me have alcohol since I was 12, monitoring me like they did with me always at that age and letting me have more responsibility since then. Lo and Behold, I don't think the stuff is anything special, and I'm not willing to do anything stupid with it/to get it.

I am not going to jump in full tilt this time.

Let me just add that the same church, about 10 miles from here, was robbed during a holiday service... twice: packed church, two thugs, went down the aisles and took their own collection.

You got it... a church, same church, during a service... twice in 3 years.

They never caught the crooks.

Why rob a church? Why commit mass murder at schools?

The answer to the above will depend on whether you are a wishful thinker or a person using reason.

Why don’t we just have everyone get a cyanide tablet put into their tooth at the age of 18. Then if they get stupid or out of line you can just pop them in the jaw and problem solved. Or cover the entire county with land mines.