Thread Texas goes adstinence only and is now top in nation for teen births

she's also lying or really ugly :p

No, it's more our city we grew up in. Everyone was in any AP course available. Class of 130 people but 19 AP courses offered. It was basically a college prep school, not a social institution. The popular people were in multiple varsity sports AND AP courses, and band members were cool, too. Band parties were Snapples and chili with everyone. It was like Leave it to Beaver sterility.

No, it's more our city we grew up in. Everyone was in any AP course available. Class of 130 people but 19 AP courses offered. It was basically a college prep school, not a social institution. The popular people were in multiple varsity sports AND AP courses, and band members were cool, too. Band parties were Snapples and chili with everyone. It was like Leave it to Beaver sterility.

that's fucking strange, man. I was getting hammered and having sex when I was 14.

It's interesting that I was in Catholic school starting in the 70s, and, in 1979, when I was in 5th grade, my catholic grade school, with it's attached church, actually taught full sex education, including birth control, and negating any message of faith or abstinence. It was just the straight science.
This was true of my Catholic school as well, in the 1990s.

that's fucking strange, man. I was getting hammered and having sex when I was 14.

Now you know why I didn't come out before 19 lol.

But back to the OP, study after study repeats the same thing, abstinence education does not work. Texas' solution is to actually rewrite the history books and write their own version. Not only is this reversing education happening in sex ed, it's happening in all other subjects, to the determinant of the children. Consistently Texas schools produce the lowest level of educated children in the country. This is quite worrisome and I am glad the states spends money on a $1.5 billion sports stadium or multi billion dollar racing programs rather than teaching kids that if and when you have sex, here is what you should think about and do.

I was in AP courses and had a reasonably small class. It's not like being smart and preparing for college has anything to do with a little of the old in out in out. I was knocking boots before AP courses were even available to me. Teenagers have sex. You are in the minority I think.

I was in AP courses and had a reasonably small class. It's not like being smart and preparing for college has anything to do with a little of the old in out in out. I was knocking boots before AP courses were even available to me. Teenagers have sex. You are in the minority I think.

What does AP stand for?

But back to the OP, study after study repeats the same thing, abstinence education does not work. Texas' solution is to actually rewrite the history books and write their own version. Not only is this reversing education happening in sex ed, it's happening in all other subjects, to the determinant of the children. Consistently Texas schools produce the lowest level of educated children in the country. This is quite worrisome and I am glad the states spends money on a $1.5 billion sports stadium or multi billion dollar racing programs rather than teaching kids that if and when you have sex, here is what you should think about and do.
Really, who cares, it's Texas. The non english speaking schoolchildren, and the non-stop-humping-mexicants probably bring down the average.

Advanced Placement. It's a stupid ass class where they pride themselves on rote memorization instead of just taking CLEP exams.

Now I'm more confused. I have no idea what rote memorization is, nor what a CLEP exam is.

Ap classes helped me start college with all of my required history and english already done. So I got to skip all the intro BS and take classes I wanted to take.

Liam if you did an AP course then you were allowed to take tests that accounted for certain college credits depending on the college. CLEP exams are tests to show that you are proficient enough at a subject so you can skip some of the intro classes.

Last edited: