Texans, I need you

Wide lanes :drool:

You don't need speed limit signs, waste of money.

At the edge of town/city there'll be a sign saying "35" unless otherwise posted or something to that effect.

See that's the thing, no it doesn't. One of the stretches of road I take to work changes speeds 4 times without changing the number of roads crossed with it, the number of lanes, or anything. You wouldn't know there was a speed change unless you were looking. Fortunately it is the one strip that does put a speed limit sign on, however.

Every single different street I have turned on so far as been a different speed. A 45 turning right onto a 40. A 30 turning left onto a 50, etc. If you don't have a sign at the start of the street you would have no idea.

Actually I have seen every 5-mph increment from 10 to 65 here already and I haven't even ventured too far out of Sugar Land. I was actually looking to see if someplaces are marked 26.7 mph.

WTF is with this place? I can see my breath this morning. I freeze all day, and maybe by 3pm or so (I don't know because I am in this wickedly cold office) it might be warm enough to shed the jacket.

If I wanted the cold, I would have stayed in Cleveland.

Mid 50's and sunny today in Columbus. :lol:

Mid 50's and sunny today in Columbus. :lol:

Apparently it's supposed to hit 80, but with the tinted windows and AC blowing at 61F, I can't tell. WTF Texas, you want to save a bit on your stupidly high electric bills? Turn the fucking AC down!! You don't need it any lower than 75. You just need the dehumidifying effort for the majority of it. And if it was set higher, it wouldn't be such a shock to the system when you did walk out of the building.

Apparently it's supposed to hit 80, but with the tinted windows and AC blowing at 61F, I can't tell. WTF Texas, you want to save a bit on your stupidly high electric bills? Turn the fucking AC down!! You don't need it any lower than 75. You just need the dehumidifying effort for the majority of it. And if it was set higher, it wouldn't be such a shock to the system when you did walk out of the building.

They do the same in Phoenix too. I have to carry a sweater around in July and Aug when it's 115 outside so I don't freeze when I go inside buildings.

if you're on a neighborhood street and you don't see a sign the limit is 30 across the state. if you're on any other sort of road the limit should be posted.

people seldom go less than 35 on neighborhood streets unless it's crowded by parked cars, traffic or people. watch out for speed humps and avoid the really, really big yellow and white things that demarcate lanes at intersections. they'll fuck you up if you hit them at speed.

yeah, i think i've seen every speed limit between 30 and 80 in 5 mph increments used at some point or another. If there's going to be a big drop (coming into a town on a non-controlled access highway) they'll typicall step it down. 75-55, 55-45, 45-35.

Last edited:
Wow, looking around here at houses, the prices ARE cheap. To bad I will be losing money selling my condo so I won't have anything to put down on a new one :(

At my work, they set the heat at 80 in the winter and the a/c ... I kid you not, they turn it down to 50 in the summer...

I only ever get upset about it when they come into the basement and try to fiddle with MY thermostat.

72f year round at work. at home I usually keep it about 74f in the summer and 70f in the winter

See, you couldn't just leave it at something positive, could ya? :heart:

Nope :heart:

Well here's positive:

Chim could buy the house as a new home buyer. He would then qualify for the $8000 credit. Interest rates are lower here, too, so that would be lovely. His already-awesome credit rating would be even better, and we would live in a glorious home!