test drove a Z06 last night

Coqui said:
Where in Ohio? I know of 7 UF members who could possibly pick it up for you (depending on what part of Ohio it's in)

lawls...I wouldn't trust my own mother/father with my new 405hp car unsupervised :lol:

Galen said:
A friend of mine was going to buy one of those. He realized, however that they are one of the worst built cars on the road. I mean, you can push in the headlights and taillights with a finger as well as the horrible, tinny sound when you close the door.

I'm sure it's a great car if you're planing to replace it in 3 years, but other than that take your money and buy something sensible.

yes, we all saw clarkson rip on the new vette on top gear :rolleyes:

they are lightweight composite panels...they are supposed to flex or they would crack

why_ask_why said:
yes, we all saw clarkson rip on the new vette on top gear :rolleyes:

they are lightweight composite panels...they are supposed to flex or they would crack
My only memories of a Chevrolet was the fact that the dashboard didn't fit in it's slot. So that every time you took it around a corner, it creaked and twisted.

Lightweight composite panels? more like cheap dirt stright out of a 1994 Ford Mondeo. Congrats on being happy on your new car, but you could have done alot better with your money.

Galen said:
My only memories of a Chevrolet was the fact that the dashboard didn't fit in it's slot. So that every time you took it around a corner, it creaked and twisted.

Lightweight composite panels? more like cheap dirt stright out of a 1994 Ford Mondeo. Congrats on being happy on your new car, but you could have done alot better with your money.
You've never actually seen a 'vette, have you? :confused:

Sure, my old S10 Blazer had ill-fitting interior parts, but that's a little different...

ChikkenNoodul said:
You've never actually seen a 'vette, have you? :confused:

Sure, my old S10 Blazer had ill-fitting interior parts, but that's a little different...
A dealership in Belfast has the new models (in RHD, I think) as well as a guy down the street owning a late-90's model. Nice car and all, but not worth the money.

you people on the far side of the pond don't quite get some things...this is NOT a normal corvette...this version is a street legal race car and it both handles and accelerates vastly better than a normal corvette...in fact, it's on par with some of the lesser recent ferrari's in terms of performance

why_ask_why said:
you people on the far side of the pond don't quite get some things...this is NOT a normal corvette...this version is a street legal race car and it both handles and accelerates vastly better than a normal corvette...in fact, it's on par with some of the lesser recent ferrari's in terms of performance

Average corvette - 46,000
Average Ferrari - 240,000

Hmmmm yeah I'll take the corvette :p