Test Drive: Chevrolet Cobalt 3LT

shawndavid said:
I find that calamari is infinitely better in places that have good marinara.

I like a variety of good dipping sauces. A light mustard or horseradish blend, a good spinach ranch dip, marinara....

Sarcasmo said:
I like a variety of good dipping sauces. A light mustard or horseradish blend, a good spinach ranch dip, marinara....

none of that. If I wanted to taste dip i'd use chips...not waste good calamari. If the calamari is really good, all it needs is light breading and frying. Then just a squeeze of lemon. :drool:

Red Lobster used to have awesome calamari. Now it's just a plate of breaded broccoli with a couple pieces of squid buried beneath. wtf

ERage said:
none of that. If I wanted to taste dip i'd use chips...not waste good calamari. If the calamari is really good, all it needs is light breading and frying. Then just a squeeze of lemon. :drool:
Yep, a little lemon and lightly salted is the win.

Sarcasmo said:
Red Lobster used to have awesome calamari. Now it's just a plate of breaded broccoli with a couple pieces of squid buried beneath. wtf

I have only eaten in a Red Lobster once in my life...like 15 years ago. This post does not make me want to try them out.

what do you expect from a company that is actually losing market share on purpose because it will make them profiable again? This along with the news that Ford is thinking about going private to stop having to answer to shareholders does not look good.

To be fair, Toyota has also announced that it may delay some of their newer designs up to a year to debug them better.

ERage said:
I have only eaten in a Red Lobster once in my life...like 15 years ago. This post does not make me want to try them out.

You used to get a huge pile of it, but I think now they're cost-cutting or something. Not only is the broccoli nasty and fried, but it's dried out too. It's horrible. Who the hell wants broccoli when they order calamari? Funk dat.

theacoustician said:
Yep, a little lemon and lightly salted is the win.

Real men enjoy their squid sans the training wheels. I once knew a Chinaman who would eat his straight from the net - he only washed it off to keep the salt of the sea from interfering with the deliciousness of the whole experience.

After that he'd wash it down with a Tsingtao and look at photos of himself and Hugo Chavez surveying prospective oil fields.

Sarcasmo said:
You used to get a huge pile of it, but I think now they're cost-cutting or something. Not only is the broccoli nasty and fried, but it's dried out too. It's horrible. Who the hell wants broccoli when they order calamari? Funk dat.

So when I grew up in Canada we used to love Red Lobster but when you move to Florida it seems that it turns into the crappiest seafood around.

Anyone else know what I am sayin on that one? Like living here I would never go to Red Lobster to get good seafood. Is that just cause the one in countryside is horrid or do other Floridiots feel the same?

BeeRad said:
So when I grew up in Canada we used to love Red Lobster but when you move to Florida it seems that it turns into the crappiest seafood around.

Anyone else know what I am sayin on that one? Like living here I would never go to Red Lobster to get good seafood. Is that just cause the one in countryside is horrid or do other Floridiots feel the same?

You're not 10 years old anymore, dude.

I've only been to Red Lobster once. Its just that when my family thought about seafood we usually went to Captain D's or got shrimp at Morrison's/Picadilly Cafeteria.

shawndavid said:
Real men enjoy their squid sans the training wheels. I once knew a Chinaman who would eat his straight from the net - he only washed it off to keep the salt of the sea from interfering with the deliciousness of the whole experience.

After that he'd wash it down with a Tsingtao and look at photos of himself and Hugo Chavez surveying prospective oil fields.

Jerry had mentioned that the place by our house does something similar with squid. I guess its well known to eat baby squid like full of juices and un-cooked but I had not heard of that. I dont see anything good about that at all. I like calamari but I couldnt imagine looking at a little squid with a puffy goo filled sac and going, hmmm let me munch that down.