Terminator

Its called a "last minute cash grab". Theyre just trying to make some money off the slack jaws that actually still watch the show before the finally put it out of its misery. Brilliant!

Of course, this is the same network that cancelled firefly, futurama and various other awesome shows long before their time.

Are they canceling the show after the movie?

Artistic integrity vs. profit? Going out on top vs. limping to a slow, boring demise?

I have seen quite a few good episodes lately, for instance the episode with JACK BAUER in it rocked ;)

You guys are sure a lose lose type huh? If a show runs for two little, like firefly or Futurama, you bitch. If a show runs to long, you bitch :fly:

Its called a "last minute cash grab". Theyre just trying to make some money off the slack jaws that actually still watch the show before the finally put it out of its misery. Brilliant!

Of course, this is the same network that cancelled firefly, futurama and various other awesome shows long before their time.

yup. they're already slashing the cow's throat, why not suck the last few drops out of its tits?

Because something is popular means its good?
Do you also watch American Idol or WWF wrestling?
Its called "lowest common denominator".

I have watched the Simpsons forever and actually have the first 10 seasons on VHS tape. Just because they have lasted doesnt mean they just magically suck now. If "you" dont enjoy it, dont watch it. Kinda like me not reading Harry Potter.

I have seen quite a few good episodes lately, for instance the episode with JACK BAUER in it rocked ;)

You guys are sure a lose lose type huh? If a show runs for two little, like firefly or Futurama, you bitch. If a show runs to long, you bitch :fly:

Simpsons - 20 years

Futurama - 4 years

Firefly - 1 year

Not exaaaactly the same thing. 7 or 8 for the 2 F's would have been nice.

no, that episode sucked. this past sunday they reran four episodes. all of them, especially the one with bart's stylized horror story, were lackluster at best

however every now and then I'll catch a rerun of a classic episode and crack up

You're an odd fellow, but I must say you steam a good ham. :lol:

Simpsons - 20 years

Futurama - 4 years

Firefly - 1 year

eh, seven years for firefly may not have been too great. I think whedon would have run out of steam after the fourth or fifth season. better to end a show properly than try to suck another season out of it

another reason why ronald d moore is the best show runner the world has ever seen

no, that episode sucked. this past sunday they reran four episodes. all of them, especially the one with bart's stylized horror story, were lackluster at best

however every now and then I'll catch a rerun of a classic episode and crack up

You're an odd fellow, but I must say you steam a good ham. :lol:

Thanks again for your opinion but others must still love the show otherwise it woulda been canceled. If everyone had the view of you guys the show would not be on right now, period.

Simpsons - 20 years

Futurama - 4 years

Firefly - 1 year

If they canceled The Simpsons after 7 or 8 seasons it would just be back by viewer demand. Sadly, and I say sadly cause I watched both Firefly and Futurama, they did not have the viewer base of The Simpsons. If they did it would have been brought back.

Thanks again for your opinion but others must still love the show otherwise it woulda been canceled. If everyone had the view of you guys the show would not be on right now, period.

you don't know much about how the tv industry works, do you? :p

So you are trying to tell me that if a show isnt getting ANY ratings it will continue to play just because they have been on awhile?

if it wasn't getting ANY ratings it would have been cut, however it can be getting bad ratings and still be making money off the perceived value because advertisers don't just work on ratings. and yes, they will sometimes keep a show on the air years after it's started losing money because it's been on for a very long time. after ten years some of the original show runners could be executives or the creators/actors have such involved contracts that it's cheaper to keep the show on for an extra couple years than have to make payouts

Bottom line: just because a show is on the air does not mean it's actually popular anymore. It can often take a couple years for a show's true decline in value to be noticed by a network.

Last edited:
if it wasn't getting ANY ratings it would have been cut, however it can be getting bad ratings and still be making money off the perceived value because advertisers don't just work on ratings. and yes, they will sometimes keep a show on the air years after it's started losing money because it's been on for a very long time. after ten years some of the original show runners could be executives or the creators/actors have such involved contracts that it's cheaper to keep the show on for an extra couple years than have to make payouts

Bottom line: just because a show is on the air does not mean it's actually popular anymore. It can often take a couple years for a show's true decline in value to be noticed by a network.

So I can gather from this that The Simpsons are getting bad ratings right now? I dont know so I am asking. I still enjoy them and honestly that's all I really give a shit about. Its a great show with some great humor and in my opinion it is just as good. But then again I love The Simpsons and wouldnt give up on it easily.

So I can gather from this that The Simpsons are getting bad ratings right now? I dont know so I am asking. I still enjoy them and honestly that's all I really give a shit about. Its a great show with some great humor and in my opinion it is just as good. But then again I love The Simpsons and wouldnt give up on it easily.

I don't know, I just got a new ass phone :cool: