Tell me I'm pretty, I'm a pretty little girl.

Alright, who has moved a substantail distance before? I couldn't care less from a Knyte and I aspect, but a move across the country would mean the kids only get to see their grandparents a couple times a year. That's probably the only thing holding me back.

UGGGHHHHH, I hate making life changing decisions.

Alright, who has moved a substantail distance before? I couldn't care less from a Knyte and I aspect, but a move across the country would mean the kids only get to see their grandparents a couple times a year. That's probably the only thing holding me back.

My grandparents lived in Indiana and the bottom of Texas near Brownsville... only saw them maybe two times a year growing up.

I turned out fine. :D

You honestly believe that your mother wouldn't be making up reasons to come to FLORIDA whenever possible? :rolleyes:

NY to Atlanta when I was 19...one of the best decisions I ever made

Same thing here, but you and I do not have a family.

Exactly. We've always lived somewhere where it was relatively easy for the kids to see their grandparents and they absolutely love them and Haylee especially would really miss them if she can't see them regularly. I like the bond they share, but I don't like Utah.

my dad lives just outside atlanta on the east side and I have an uncle that lives here too in buckhead

Okay, you do not understand me.

I am saying we do not have family in the sense of a husband/wife and kids. Therefore we can move much more easily.

Houston is butt-ass humid. It's the area of God's body between his balls and butthole. And you will think about that daily.

Dallas has jobs virtually everywhere. A good, strong, persistent market. If you like shopping malls it's top notch. We have about 47. There are several lakes for recreation, but not much else in terms of natural enjoyment. Geographically it's mostly flat. Lake Texoma, a couple hours to the northeast, is a good place to camp out, and Possum Kingdom state park to the west towards Abilene is a favorite of mine.

Taxes are high in Dallas county. You subsidize the community college district and the big hospitals like Parkland where the homeless people and illegals go for care. Of course the simplest remedy for that is to live outside of Dallas county, either in the mid-cities between Dallas and Fort Worth, or just to the north in Collin or Denton counties.

Lots of Mormon churches in the area in case you care, including, of course, the big temple towards downtown. I know, because I dated a psycho mormon girl once, briefly, and on one date I drove her to it so she could gaze up at it and sigh in spiritual wonder for a half hour. It was uncomfortable, but it made her happy and she was a total pervert with great tits so the reward afterwards was worth it. Perhaps I should have kept that to myself.

The Dallas restaurant scene is second to none, maybe in the entire country. There is amazing food here, which might be expected when you have a different restaurant every 35 feet or so. Nightlife is good, too, whether you happen to drink or not. Plenty of interesting places to go.

Great zoos, museums, botanical gardens (for Kiwi to go photo-crazy in), and touristy spots like the 6th floor museum (JFK), the state fair, Reunion Tower (complete with spinning restaurant on top), and the Fort Worth Stockyards.

We are also known for some fantastic school districts. Namely Plano, Grapevine, Southlake, and Coppell. I would definitely recommend moving to Southlake, if you can afford it. Everyone wants to live there.

The housing market is robust. A little heady at first, but finishes off with a mellow smootheness.

And of course we have the Cowboys, the Mavericks, the Stars, and FC Dallas, our pro soccer club.

Lots of gun ranges, too. And gun shops. And guns.
Don't listen to him. If I weren't tied to this area because of my nepotistic job, I would probably move.

If having beautiful scenery is important to you, don't move here. Like Sarcasmo said, it's basically flat. With no mountains, all you see is the sky, which isn't that great in this area. Could be because it's a big city with lots of pollution.

Another thing I dislike about this area is how spread out it is. Nothing is ever really close. No one here has any concept of walking anywhere as it just isn't feasible.

Why is Arizona off the table?