Tell me how to make eggnog in a sensual way

Galen said:
Mine does not say "Cup" on it. It does, however, have pints.

Okay. Problem solved. A cup is half a pint.

Now go spead the word.

edit: though I have a sneaking suspicion that "pints" of things in Ireland are actually half liters. Much like "fifths" are 750ml.

Galen said:
No, it's different. Like I've explained. Try asking anyone from the UK what a cup is. They won't say it's a measurement, that's for sure.
Try asking anyone in the US how many stone they weigh.

Point is to use some common sense. If I saw a recipe/formula/instructions call out a unit of measure I didn't recognize, I'd either look it up or if they were all the same unit of measure (in this instance, all ingredients are measured in cups) I'd realize I could make it based on keeping a proper ratio of ingredients and that the tool of measure is immaterial.

Drool-Boy said:
So convert it drsmartypants
1 cup = .4358 dodecamegamicropantylitres

Why not just say... 1/2 pint instead of 1cup.
Why have two measurement units for the same thing?

It's like calling 1/2 a metre.. a quizpom or something.

How the hell do you kids survive not knowing how to cook for yourselves? Eat out all the time? Some sort of school meal plan?

theacoustician said:
Try asking anyone in the US how many stone they weigh.

Point is to use some common sense. If I saw a recipe/formula/instructions call out a unit of measure I didn't recognize, I'd either look it up or if they were all the same unit of measure (in this instance, all ingredients are measured in cups) I'd realize I could make it based on keeping a proper ratio of ingredients and that the tool of measure is immaterial.
I could have done that, but I'd rather make a thread on the topic. There's lots of recipies, I wanted to find out some others (Like that Chikken posted) as well as find out the stuff I needed to know.

My questions were also answered on the first page, incase you didn't realise.

In future, I will make sure I don't make any threads unless it's about a meet :rolleyes:

Visker said:

In Texas a quizpom is the rubber strip on a windshield wiper.

itburnswhenipee said:
Okay. Problem solved. A cup is half a pint.

Now go spead the word.

edit: though I have a sneaking suspicion that "pints" of things in Ireland are actually half liters. Much like "fifths" are 750ml.
A pint is 678ml, if my mind serves me well.

Visker said:

Because in recipes, cups are usually subdivided.

Visker said:

Shit , I dunno, I didnt invent the dang thing , I just have one in my cupboard.

theacoustician said:
How the hell do you kids survive not knowing how to cook for yourselves? Eat out all the time? Some sort of school meal plan?

Cook? For myself? bwahaha

Seriously though, what?