Tell me how to make eggnog in a sensual way

Galen

Flaccid Member
Nov 25, 2004
Ireland
Marklar
₥0
Okay, Last year I managed to get myself addicted to the stuff from the cartons. Sickening yes, but I always kept going back. Now yesterday I bought myself an eggnog latte in Starbucks and suffice to say I need more. So I bought their christmas blend (which was some astronomical price) and now all I need is the Eggnog, but I've tried google to no avail, at least, it doesn't help me.

The problem with google is that all the recipies available are measured in "1 cup" or "2 cups". I'm no cook, and I have no idea how much that is. What I want is a straightforward guide in ml, grams, litres. Whatever, just make it more decipherable than the ones I've found so far, and that would be awesome.

I thank you, please feed my addiction.

Galen said:
Okay, Last year I managed to get myself addicted to the stuff from the cartons. Sickening yes, but I always kept going back. Now yesterday I bought myself an eggnog latte in Starbucks and suffice to say I need more. So I bought their christmas blend (which was some astronomical price) and now all I need is the Eggnog, but I've tried google to no avail, at least, it doesn't help me.

The problem with google is that all the recipies available are measured in "1 cup" or "2 cups". I'm no cook, and I have no idea how much that is. What I want is a straightforward guide in ml, grams, litres. Whatever, just make it more decipherable than the ones I've found so far, and that would be awesome.

I thank you, please feed my addiction.

Are you seriously saying that in Ireland it's completely impossible to get a liquid measuring cup graduated in cups and ounces?

1 US cup = 236.588237 ml

edit: incidentally, be careful how long you mix it. I once ended up with a kind of alcoholic custard because or overmixing.

Drool-Boy said:
Youre a smrtypants and stuff, cant you just convert cups to micromillalitres or whatever u fgts use?
When I seen you reading this thread, I knew I'd get a reply like this :D :lol:

I honestly have no idea. Yes, I have cups, but most of them are different sizes. There is no universal cup size, so how am I meant to know.

Somewhere in my mind, I think I remember that cups are used as a measurement in baking. But I don't bake, and thus I would just ruin what I was trying to make. :(

itburnswhenipee said:
Are you seriously saying that in Ireland it's completely impossible to get a liquid measuring cup graduated in cups and ounces?

1 US cup = 236.588237 ml
I don't bake. I've never baked. Read my smashing reply above to find out why!
And thank you :D

Galen said:
I don't bake. I've never baked. Read my smashing reply above to find out why!
And thank you :D

That's insane. That's like me claiming to have liter jugs that are all different sizes. A cup is 8 fluid ounces. Do the fucking math, doctor.

Galen said:
When I seen you reading this thread, I knew I'd get a reply like this :D :lol:

I honestly have no idea. Yes, I have cups, but most of them are different sizes. There is no universal cup size, so how am I meant to know.

Somewhere in my mind, I think I remember that cups are used as a measurement in baking. But I don't bake, and thus I would just ruin what I was trying to make. :(

Certainly you can go to your local McWalmart and find a measuring cup marked off in cups?

edit - conversions :http://www.onlineconversion.com/cooking_volume.htm

itburnswhenipee said:
That's insane. That's like me claiming to have liter jugs that are all different sizes. A cup is 8 fluid ounces. Do the fucking math, doctor.
A cup doesn't refer to a measurement here. A cup is a form of mug, and yes, they all come in different sizes. I have a 1 litre cup for obscene amounts of coffee, or a 250ml cup for whatever else. I have lots of cups, and none are for measureing.

Galen said:
A cup doesn't refer to a measurement here. A cup is a form of mug, and yes, they all come in different sizes. I have a 1 litre cup for obscene amounts of coffee, or a 250ml cup for whatever else. I have lots of cups, and none are for measureing.

Okay... well, at some point in your nation's past a cup was also a unit of measurment. Deal with it.

Also:

Here is a recipe with metric measurements. No idea if it's any good. In fact, I didn't really read it beyond noting the measures they use.

Ingredients for 20 cups

* 10 eggs
* 250 ml (1 c.) sugar
* 250 ml (1 c.) brandy
* 500 ml (2 c.) light rum
* 500 ml (2 c.) light cream
* 1 litre (4 c.) milk

Preparation

1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks; beat the whites to stiff peaks with 125 ml (1/2 c.) of the sugar and set aside;
2. using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks in a large bowl with the remaining 125 ml (1/2 c.) sugar;
3. gradually add in all the liquids while continuing to beat the mixture;
4. fold in the beaten egg whites;
5. serve warm or cold in small individual glasses.

itburnswhenipee said:
Okay... well, at some point in your nation's past a cup was also a unit of measurment. Deal with it.

Also:

Here is a recipe with metric measurements. No idea if it's any good. In fact, I didn't really read it beyond noting the measures they use.

Ingredients for 20 cups

* 10 eggs
* 250 ml (1 c.) sugar
* 250 ml (1 c.) brandy
* 500 ml (2 c.) light rum
* 500 ml (2 c.) light cream
* 1 litre (4 c.) milk

Preparation

1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks; beat the whites to stiff peaks with 125 ml (1/2 c.) of the sugar and set aside;
2. using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks in a large bowl with the remaining 125 ml (1/2 c.) sugar;
3. gradually add in all the liquids while continuing to beat the mixture;
4. fold in the beaten egg whites;
5. serve warm or cold in small individual glasses.

Thank you, but how the hell do I "fold" an egg?

Galen said:
Thank you, but how the hell do I "fold" an egg?

Folding is a kind of very gentle stirring. Instead of vigorously moving your spoon or spatula or whatever in a rapig circular motion you'll want to slowly draw the implement across the bowl from one edge to another.