Tell A "My Boss Is A Jerk Because" Story...

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
Doesn't have to be long or extremely detailed, just toss out how a boss has rubbed you the wrong way in recent memory. Or in theac's case I guess tell the story of how you most recently "rubbed" your boss :rolleyes: .

Mine: My boss happens to be best-friends with the company "facilities manager" *see glorified janitor*, and as a result I am regularly handed off to facilities to quite literally do their dirty work. Occassionally my boss and the facilities guy decide they need to "go do some work related errands" for several hours and of any given day, and I get stuck doing their work for them. The most recent offense was when facilities received a bunch of office crap and after they made me unload all of it I was asked to take the pallets out to the dumpster. After a long and tiring process of hauling them out there and getting back to my actual job, my boss returned from his extended lunch meeting and asked me to bring the pallets back in because facilities had to send some things back. Guess who got the job of re-packaging everything?

my boss ate all of my candy-corn and he wouldn't even let me pick the pieces of it out of his shit - what an ass

The politics around here are absurd.
I got an email from my manager today with the new policy for project managers to request time from support members (like me) to work on their project. The opening statement says that all IT employees should reserve 10% of their total work time for providing estimates for how long it will take to accomplish a task.

So, with a 40 hour work week:
4 hours - time estimates for future work
2.5 hours - paid breaks
8 hours - "administration" (meetings, filling out time sheets, etc.)
1 hour - logging the time spent during that week under a million different categories so they know what we're working on
4 hours - administration of open tickets (including communicating with customers, etc.)
8 hours - education

So out of a 40 hour work week, our IT employees are spending 12.5 hours a week doing actual work. And this is what the management wants.

And they wonder why we're all going crazy, and nothing is getting done :rolleyes:

My boss is just plain clueless.

Last week I created a web page with one link on it. She calls me over to her office explaining that I didn't hook up the link correctly (in a know-it-all kind of tone)...I look at her screen...she had opened a screenshot of the page in Photoshop and was trying to click the button IN Photoshop. =_=

The ensuing conversation I had with her stating she had to actually BE ON THE INTERNET for a link to work gave me a headache and I went home early.

2 things:

#1: last month he refused to come into the office and sign employee paychecks on a Friday because I wasn't in the office to give him a financial report. I had just given him a financial status report 2 days prior, and nothing ever changes on Thursdays or Fridays, he was just being a prick. First of all, employees only get paid once a month here, and we have single moms and people who really need their paychecks, this was a Friday, so these people couldn't get their checks until Monday or Tuesday just because the guy was feeling like being a jackass.

#2: Last Thursday he made me drive 60 miles out of my way to give him a check to pay off his personal Visa bill because he had forgotten to give it to me on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. He couldn't pay the Visa himself and have me reimburse him, he had to have me drive 60 miles out of my way on my afternoon off to write a check to Visa for $1600 when I had just given him a check that Monday for $58K.

Greed is a terrible thing.

Millions said:
My boss is just plain clueless.

Last week I created a web page with one link on it. She calls me over to her office explaining that I didn't hook up the link correctly (in a know-it-all kind of tone)...I look at her screen...she had opened a screenshot of the page in Photoshop and was trying to click the button IN Photoshop. =_=

The ensuing conversation I had with her stating she had to actually BE ON THE INTERNET for a link to work gave me a headache and I went home early.

We have several IT-related project managers who I can easily see doing the exact same thing.

ps- lol intarwebnets

zengirl said:
2 things:

#1: last month he refused to come into the office and sign employee paychecks on a Friday....

That's fucking illegal right there!

zengirl said:
He doesn't care.

BTW, only paying employees once a month is illegal as well.

I think that must be a state-to-state thing, I haven't heard of a law like that in practice around here. I could be mistaken, that's just as far as I know.

KNYTE said:
I think that must be a state-to-state thing, I haven't heard of a law like that in practice around here. I could be mistaken, that's just as far as I know.
Yep, it's an Illinois Dept. of Labor thing. Employees here are not contracted, therefore must be paid no less frequently than bi monthly. We've had reps from the labor dept out and everything but the partners refuse to change the policy... the reason?

We have 2 payrolls a month, one on the 15th for partners and one at the end for employees... in order to abide by IlDOL regulations, the docs would have to be paid twice a month as well... and that would mean they would have more money deducted from their pay for taxes...

Greed.

zengirl said:
Yep, it's an Illinois Dept. of Labor thing. Employees here are not contracted, therefore must be paid no less frequently than bi monthly. We've had reps from the labor dept out and everything but the partners refuse to change the policy... the reason?

We have 2 payrolls a month, one on the 15th for partners and one at the end for employees... in order to abide by IlDOL regulations, the docs would have to be paid twice a month as well... and that would mean they would have more money deducted from their pay for taxes...

Greed.

Greed, my favorite sin....or is vanity..Anyway, in Utah they have a lot less policy actually protecting employees than most other areas. Another reason to add to my list of why to move out.

my boss gave me a severe out-of-this universe deadline to fill within two days, and on the last day with 15 minutes to spare, when i'm just shy of a nervous breakdown, she tells me the REAL deadline was not friday, but the following tuesday. just to see my reaction. har har har.