Technology, Smechology

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
So I was just floggin around newegg and noticed something that I didn't think we would be seeing for many moons...

OCZ OCZMSNIA Neural Impulse Actuator

Features...

OCZ's Neural Impulse Actuator (nia) marks a new era in gaming. Rather than being a substitute for a mouse, the nia is a pioneering new peripheral to be used in conjunction with your mouse for a more immersive gaming experience. The nia is compatible with any PC game using keyboard input… past, present, or future. Predefined profiles included with the software allow the gamer to develop their own nia—memory to launch the desired behavior of their character and shoot with the "blink of an eye", without lifting a finger.

Play Games Using Biosignals
Translate electrical biosignals of your body directly into computer commands and take advantage of total immersion into game play. Customize behavioral profiles of your character and let your subconsciousness take over.

Hone Your Reflexes
Where others have to practice reaction times, you can use reflex-based game play to get the better of your opponents by cutting your reaction time by 50%.

Use Space-Age Technology
The headband uses carbon nanofiber-based sensors to provide the highest possible dynamic range for the recording of bioelectrical signals that are amplified and digitized and further de-convoluted into computer commands.

Become Your Character
Streaming biopotentials into the computer and witnessing real-time feedback through the game will result in a novel way to experience virtual reality. Enter a virtual world where abstractions like keyboard commands are replaced by intentions converted into tensions and translated into command structures.

From the reviews it looks like there is a couple "grounding" issues but otherwise it doesn't have that bad of a rating. Once this technology is perfected could you see yourself using it or something like it?

Here is a video of it in use...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B-E4IKcOmQ

Add to the thread by showing us technology that you think is ahead of the game or just surprised you.

Think about shooting and you have already placed the BOOOM HEADSHOT!! haha

I highly doubt this would be a helpful tool in CS:S but I am almost willing to give it a try. I will be waiting till the 64bit drivers are released though and doing some more research.

Shit I just wish they werent so lazy that the keyboard is the only supported input device for most games.