Tech question

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
Has anyone had any experience with hand-held usb scanners? I just realized that one of these would really make my life easy. They evidently export docs into word, pdf, etc.

I only want opinions from people who know what they're talking about as far as models, preferences, what not to get, etc.

I pour through tons of reference material every week so this would be ideal.

Thanks

I got the impression they just make a BMP or JPG you inserted into Word docs, or they would do Text Recognition so you could copy and paste into a Word Doc. I didn't think it would recreate the Word doc itself.

if you mean a handheld scanner that looks like a small dustbuster then i have about 80 trillion hundred tonnes of experience with them, ask me anything (and i mean ANYTHING, even unhygenic things).

if you mean those pen things then fuck it. no dice.

if its the one im talking about then you need a steady hand, or a thick ruler to run it along.

either way, theyre crap, so dont buy one.

I dont see how they could scan a document and then make it into a doc that could be edited. I have never worked with one before but I use scanners quite frequently and if you find a way to scan something then work on it, let me know. I dont see how its possible to work on a scanned image though, word recog but those dont work like that do they?