Tearing out linoleum

Drool-Boy said:
I have a little fishnet to scoop out the floaters I wanna save too

Score. You know you can add that to the adhesive to give it more volume for when you're laying down the new floor. That way you can save some glue.

As others have said, it should just peel right up.

When you're putting down your tile though, you need to make sure that your floor is absolutely solid. If it's not, you'll end up cracking tiles/groutlines over time. When we remodeled our kitchen and bathrooms (we put down stone tiles) we had to reinforce parts of the subfloor and then had to put down underlayment to reinforce everything.

When you do your underlayment (if you're not on poured concrete) be sure to glue and screw it down. Screws should be about 6" apart in all directions, 3" around any edges or seams.

CletusJones said:
As others have said, it should just peel right up.

When you're putting down your tile though, you need to make sure that your floor is absolutely solid. If it's not, you'll end up cracking tiles/groutlines over time. When we remodeled our kitchen and bathrooms (we put down stone tiles) we had to reinforce parts of the subfloor and then had to put down underlayment to reinforce everything.

When you do your underlayment (if you're not on poured concrete) be sure to glue and screw it down. Screws should be about 6" apart in all directions, 3" around any edges or seams.

All my work will be directly on the slab.
Im in a 1-story house and we dont have basements this close to the coastline:p

Drool-Boy said:
then you're good. Just use a self leveling patch compound first to make sure everything's all even. Actually, if you put the mastic down heavy enough, you shouldn't have to worry about that. Just check to make sure your floor is mostly flat though.

Drool-Boy said:

Wouldn't you want a basment in case of hurricane or Godzilla?