Baby Teach them to tattle or teach them to fight back?

Just have your kids do the finger gun. Guaranteed suspension which will illustrate exactly what kind of badass the other kids are dealing with.

Thats because you were most likely the popular princess of the class.

I think you were replying to me here..
There was nothing at all princessy about me as a child. Much to my mom's dismay, I was a piggish little boy. :fly:

Enroll him in self defense classes. TKD or Karate or BJJ. Somewhere were he can be taught discipline with the skills to fight back the right way, and have it ingrained in him over and over ever week. Plus the social aspect is great.

My rugby coach once told me: "If you start a fight, I'll kick your ass. If you don't finish a fight, I'll kick your ass".

Words to live by.

This is why kids need dads. This isn't even a question. If someone punches you, you punch them back. Every single f*cking time. If you're outnumbered, you fight dirty. If someone uses a weapon, you use a better weapon.

Moms are great, but they tend to coddle too much. Men know how to handle situations like this. It's in our genes.

Agreeeeedddd

We dealt with a bad situation last year. Dom is a big kid for his age (90th percentile for height and weight) and very strong. I've tried to teach him to walk away and get a teacher's help when needed. That said there was one time when Dom just pummeled a kid for scratching and pinching him so hard he bled and developed a scar. I told Dom it wasn't a good thing to do all the time, but I understood it. When a kid smashed toys directly on his hands, he lashed out again. We did wind up pulling him from the private preschool because the teachers did NOTHING and all the kids were fighting like that. ETA: my kid is usually easy going and was not one to hit, so him hitting, kicking, pinching etc was 100% out of norm for him. Usually kids (no joke) bounce off of him so it's not much of an issue, but last year was awful with the pinching and kicking.

I'm not a fan of fighting but there are times when I say enough is enough.

I teach him retaliation is not a good thing especially since he is one of the largest in his class, but sometimes you have to keep yourself safe. However I will never stand for him starting a physical fight. From what I see on the playground the parents don't either. We all kind of get when kids hit back, but the one who gets in the most trouble it seems (just by the parents) are the ones who start it. Fortunately now it's a totally rare thing.
The kids who start it rarely get in trouble because they've already figured out the magic of how to do it when no one is paying attention. It's completely on the staff to set the tone for how the kids act and the more sophisticated? ones (and their parents) will exploit the letter of the rules to get as much as possible.

In first grade kids stole my pens, matchbox cars, would punch you in the kidneys the second the teacher turned around and they never got in trouble. If you told the teachers, they would get a "talking to" and nothing would ever be resolved. It got so entirely poor I didn't even want to go to school by 4th grade. My stuff got stolen, my homework would get stolen out of my desk etc. The entire experience was shit.

After a few years of being home schooled for other reasons (moving mostly) I went back to school. The only social experience with my age group in that entire time was ice hockey. So some kid shoved me on the first day and I put him in the hospital. Then I did a whole sob story on being afraid for my well being. Never got in trouble.

High School was great after that.