Baby Teach them to tattle or teach them to fight back?

or for anyone who doesnt need it.

Only reason to know krav manga is if you need to quickly and violently disable or potentially kill people. So, military, personal security and defense, thats about it...

Yea, krav maga is about ending a fight as quickly and viciously as possible. Like gouging their eyes out before they can throw a punch at you.

Bjj is about subduing your opponent then whispering in their ear how they are a little bitch in those few moments when they can't move but before they pass out.

Completely ideal.

Krav Maga > *
KM teaches you to break your opponent's fingers, poke their eyes, kick 'em in the balls, etc... basically fight dirty and go for every possible weakness in order to win. Quite effective and suitable for military combat I imagine, but I don't think it's something you'd want to teach your kid for schoolyard fighting as they'd injure the fuck out of their opponent and get in a mountain of shit for it.

Judo is more like "oh, you want to fight with me? surprise motherfucker, you're on the ground." Gets the point across with far less injury involved.

Exactly.

Because people like me exist in the world. If you refuse to defend yourself against me and I find out, I'll take everything you have.
I get defending yourself. I don't get that I wouldn't understand simply because I'm a girl and that all girls are too "soft"

I get defending yourself. I don't get that I wouldn't understand simply because I'm a girl and that all girls are too "soft"

Kiki brought this thread up because all the other soccer moms at the playground are too soft and don't get this. Might not specifically apply to you, but to most moms.

I think Liam is right - get him enrolled in a martial arts class and they will instill in him never to start fights or be a dickhead but how to defend himself in the best way possible and with many things like ju jitsu that doesn't even mean hurting someone but just disarming them - plus if word gets round when he's older that he's got martial arts training people are less likely to put him in those situations in the first place

He's in martial arts, he's a proud purple belt :fly:
Right now at this point they teach him to focus, how to block, just the basics..., but yeah he's already enrolled. The first thing they teach him is that martial arts is not for picking fights but for defending which I think is great.

I wish his dad was in the picture...
He's a tough dude, he's in great shape and can fight like a mofo .... he's just a lousy dad

WTF kind of stupid sh*t is this post? Stereotype much?

Even my dad agrees that not all punches deserve a retaliation. No wonder our kids fight so much if you believe that truly is the right thing to do.

I'm not talking about when a drunk chick slaps you because she's drunk and retarded. I'm talking about when someone punches you to pick on you or pick a fight. Kick the sh*t out of them. Not only are you not viewed as a wimp at that point, but that kid will rethink their bullsh*t bully attitude in the future. Before they get shot as an adult. Honestly, every time you punch a jerk in the mouth you're doing them a favor. My grandfather's generation, and the generations before, believed in social responsibility and honor, and they often dispensed it with a punch. And it was highly effective. Every malicious punch you receive deserves a punch in return. Unless it's a drunk retarded chick.

Last edited:
This is why kids need dads. This isn't even a question. If someone punches you, you punch them back. Every single f*cking time. If you're outnumbered, you fight dirty. If someone uses a weapon, you use a better weapon.

Moms are great, but they tend to coddle too much. Men know how to handle situations like this. It's in our genes.

I agree with this 10000%
But Kiko doesn't have the luxury of having a dad in the picture :(
He's signed up with the Big Brother program and my male friends are great and supportive but no one can be his "dad"

Sad part is that Kiko's father only lives 55km away

Idiot, I'm not talking about when a drunk chick slaps you because she's drunk and retarded. I'm talking about when someone punches you to pick on you or pick a fight. Kick the sh*t out of them. Not only are you not viewed as a wimp at that point, but that kid will rethink their bullsh*t bully attitude in the future. Before they get shot as an adult. Honestly, every time you punch a jerk in the mouth you're doing them a favor.

Right because I never fought with a guy... in fact I've never physically fought with a girl ever.

I've been punched you idiot so fuck off.

My rugby coach once told me: "If you start a fight, I'll kick your ass. If you don't finish a fight, I'll kick your ass".

Words to live by.

I used to tell my hockey kids, 'You fight when I tell you, not when you lose your temper. Now go out there and fight'.

I agree with this 10000%
He's signed up with the Big Brother program and my male friends are great and supportive but no one can be his "dad"

if you stop dating criminals, maybe someone could.

Tell kiko that if a kid picks on him to kick them in the nuts. If a teacher doesn't like it, kick him in the nuts too. People who say violence solves nothing haven't seen real violence. It solves everything.

Right because I never fought with a guy... in fact I've never physically fought with a girl ever.

I've been punched you idiot so f*ck off.

Why are your panties so tightly wound? All I said was that moms tend to coddle too much. If you don't believe that then I don't know what to tell you. Men are the fighters in our species and have been for about 100,000 years. Stop being so sensitive.

I agree with this 10000%

I would be that kid's dad any day. You'd have to relinquish parental rights of course. My wife wouldn't understand.

Kiki brought this thread up because all the other soccer moms at the playground are too soft and don't get this. Might not specifically apply to you, but to most moms.

I am not as familiar with this group of parents with fighting since it really doesn't happen that much. In general if a kid punches, the others seem to push back and try to get away more than really getting into it back. Like a lot of times it is just a single punch or two from a kid, and not another pummeling the other.

However at the last school it seemed the moms who didn't believe in having their kids defend themselves were the ones with the horrible kids who started shit left and right. They believed that their kids could do no wrong. In fact I had it out with the director of the school last year because one mom was all worried that her precious boy got pinched by my kid even though he was hitting mine with a wooden train on his hand.

The director pissed me off to a higher level that I've ever been and when she said "if you don't think we are doing a good job, why are you still here?" I told her I reached my level and left that day and never returned.

There isn't just a black and white IMO when it comes to kids fighting. A hit isn't always a very violent thing and doesn't always require a punch back. I've watched a few times where my kid was hit or punched or something and the other kid just kind of bounced off. He can defend himself if needed, but after dealing with some physically violent crap at a younger age, I do not ever believe that a hit always requires a hit back.

Now sometimes a bully needs to be put in his place, but even physically fighting back doesn't always work. Sometimes it can, but other times it doesn't. My kid completely knocked a smaller but bullying kid down a handful of times and it never stopped. My dad tackled a kid on the playground and beat him up a bit and it did stop. So it's not a sure thing.

Why are your panties so tightly wound? All I said was that moms tend to coddle too much. If you don't believe that then I don't know what to tell you. Men are the fighters in our species and have been for about 100,000 years. Stop being so sensitive.

You called me an idiot so I called you one back. Seriously don't take well to that. And read above to see why I feel how I do. You are a sexist jerk though and I'll stand by that.

Last edited: