Baby Taxes

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Marklar
₥54,328
Having a kid is the best tax situation ever. Literally multiplied my refund by 5.

That said, i still have no fuckin clue what to adjust my w4 to. Every calculator says i should claim like 8 withholdings, which is clearly wrong.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Having a kid is the best tax situation ever. Literally multiplied my refund by 5.

That said, i still have no fuckin clue what to adjust my w4 to. Every calculator says i should claim like 8 withholdings, which is clearly wrong.
Claiming 8 is playing with fire.

Similarly, getting a 50% raise by moving jobs has also significantly embiggened my interest free loan to the government. :mad:

No matter what I do I get hosed with a 10k bill every year regardless of what I change. The commission piece is next to impossible to predict and the changes in the stock taxing continues to get me all the time. I've met with multiple money guys and talked to my coworkers and they are all in the same boat. At least I know I'm not giving the Government any loans.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
although in most cases it means paying tax to the host country so it's only really worth it in places we invade

here's hoping kiev has a nice uplift

I'm getting back a little over a grand altogether this year, much better than last year when I owed.

No matter what I do I get hosed with a 10k bill every year regardless of what I change. The commission piece is next to impossible to predict and the changes in the stock taxing continues to get me all the time. I've met with multiple money guys and talked to my coworkers and they are all in the same boat. At least I know I'm not giving the Government any loans.
Oh shit yinz, the dude making multiple times the national median income has to pay 10k in taxes.

worlds_smallest_violin_by_biozz-d54j6yh.jpg

Edit: is this at return time oops?

Weve ad a baller federal refund since we got married due to my graduate school situation. We're kinda terrified to see what happens this year now that I'm a functioning member of society again.

I'm getting lots of @Amstel's tax money back, as a rebate on the solar PV system I installed.

I like to imagine it's Amstel's, because it gives me a little lib-wood.
You're in the south? Excluding TX and FL you red states are net "takers" wrt federal tax. Illinois is a "maker" state.

I think that fits your notions enough to corroborate them, eh?