Halp Taxable Investment Accounts: UF fo you have them?

You're right, i should. But im not going to.

I have maybe 10% in risky funds. A lot of my coworkers had like 80%. When things really really crashed badly in 2010, they lost almost everything. I stopped gaining, but i didnt lose a dime.
I'm all risky and while I lost temporarily, I gained it all back and then some.

What do you have your eye on? Most of the emerging market funds I've been following have been laggards -- even the BRICs.

Vanguard Total International (VTIAX)

And don't forget, I'm pretty sure that you and I have vastly different investment strategies. I'm a index/boglehead kid. I'm also lazy and not at all reactionary to my investments. Hence, I use the core four lazy portfolio.

http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Lazy_Portfolios

You're right, i should. But im not going to.

I have maybe 10% in risky funds. A lot of my coworkers had like 80%. When things really really crashed badly in 2010, they lost almost everything. I stopped gaining, but i didnt lose a dime.

Market corrections are about the best things that can happen when you're young. That said, the important part is what lets you sleep at night, but you're leaving quite a bit of money on the table.

Market corrections are about the best things that can happen when you're young. That said, the important part is what lets you sleep at night, but you're leaving quite a bit of money on the table.

Haha asshole.

You'd probably be much better off to increase the risk at your age.

edit: And I cheated. Coqui's is way too risky, imho. But it's worked... :p

I don't plan on using it until I'm 65, so 30 years means I can afford the risk of stocks.

Oh and it's not as risky as others.....every single one of those pay monthly dividends.

I only have one stock in my portfolio. TWX. Bought it at $7 which was the lowest it had ever been. Now at $52.29. I'm in 3 funds beyond that.

I don't plan on using it until I'm 65, so 30 years means I can afford the risk of stocks.

Oh and it's not as risky as others.....every single one of those pay monthly dividends.

You can still diversify into similar (or even better, different) stocks in the same 'risk category.' You're likely to see similar gains and the diversification protects you in case that one stock blows up.

By far the most profitable investment vehicles I've dealt with were medium term options and LEAPS. If you guys have large risk appetite, I would look there.

You can still diversify into similar (or even better, different) stocks in the same 'risk category.' You're likely to see similar gains and the diversification protects you in case that one stock blows up.

Yes, but you see better gains when you stay in things you know. Having been in the steel manufacturing business for 7 years, I know more about the auto industry and steel. IMO tech stocks are too volatile to invest in for a retirement fund, (but can be good for just stock trading).

Yes, but you see better gains when you stay in things you know. Having been in the steel manufacturing business for 7 years, I know more about the auto industry and steel. IMO tech stocks are too volatile to invest in for a retirement fund, (but can be good for just stock trading).

Personally, I'd never invest directly in stocks. Too risky for me. To each his own...