Tax Season.

IBWIP and I will probably owe a fair amount. I inherited a lot this past year and I don't know yet how all that is gonna work out. Fortunately we can spread out our payments to the IRS over the next 3 years, so even though we have the money to pay, we can keep it working for us instead of for the feds for a while. This might be a time for us to hire someone to do our taxes. We'll give turbo tax a shot first.

btw, a good chunk of mine is going my S&P index fund. I'm loving this stock market right now!

All those times over the past decade where one kicked themselves going 'man, if I only invested in the market when'...

Now they have their do-over.

All those times over the past decade where one kicked themselves going 'man, if I only invested in the market when'...

Now they have their do-over.
Except since the talking heads seem to think that the sky is falling, people will believe them (again). Historically speaking, this is the BEST time to be in the stock market.
speakin' of taxes.. if I sell the house, do we pay taxes on the profit?

Unless you're making over $500,000 on the sale as a married couple, or you've been there less than two years you'll be okay I think.

Last I checked, you had 2 years to reinvest the money into another house or pay capital gains taxes on the profits. That was quite a while ago tho.