Tax season coming up

So with tax season coming up I'm a little bit nervous. My taxable income has tripled since last year and I'm really nervous that I might have to pay in alot this year. I've never had to pay in the past (in fact I usually get around 4 grand back) but I'm sure I've been bumped up a few tax brackets. Has anyone else switched jobs and ran into this sort of issue?

happened to me last year. fack.

*please tell me there is a beerad joke in the thread.

So with tax season coming up I'm a little bit nervous. My taxable income has tripled since last year and I'm really nervous that I might have to pay in alot this year. I've never had to pay in the past (in fact I usually get around 4 grand back) but I'm sure I've been bumped up a few tax brackets. Has anyone else switched jobs and ran into this sort of issue?

That is stupid. Why do you want to give the government an interest free loan for 12 months?

Because its a forced savings account, so I can save up and buy expensive, frivolous things - rather than cheap, frivolous things every week.

but the money you get on your return is worth less than the money being withheld from your paycheck, so you're actually losing money on the deal, not to mention the potential savings interest brewhaha

hoping a dependent will help us this year. owed 1900 last year, maybe baby will negate that.

for '09 we have one of those dependent reimbursement accounts, as well as moving all our benefits to be taken from my check instead of wifey's. it's a pretax daycare thingy. DRA maybe?

i usually get around $800 back from federal, and pay in around $50 to state.

going to colorado with some dudes from work with part of it, and using the rest to fund the wedding in may.