Tax Reform public record statements

Actually, it would mean more federal interference... I can imagine here in NY: 23% federal sales tax + 8% state sales tax + 3.5% county retail tax = like 33 cents on the dollar. :lol:
Businesses already have to report earnings and pay tax to the IRS.
This not only simplifies the work businesses have to do, but eliminates untold thousands of positions from the IRS that would normally deal with personal income statements. How exactly do you think this would increase federal interference?

Businesses already have to report earnings and pay tax to the IRS.
This not only simplifies the work businesses have to do, but eliminates untold thousands of positions from the IRS that would normally deal with personal income statements. How exactly do you think this would increase federal interference?

The government technically cant interfere with...

Never mind. This would save me a lot of money since I rarely buy consumer products.

Last edited:
Who gets charged the tax, specifically is there a business to business tax? Or is there some government board that determines what is actually a consumer good?

Further support that we need a consumption based tax system; we need to tax illegal imagrants so we can actually afford to educate their children and our own!

A study was released Thursday by a nonpartisan research group -- the Pew Hispanic Center. It shows Georgia's increase in Hispanic students is the fourth-largest in the nation -- behind Arkansas, and North and South Carolina. Alabama was fifth.

The report covers the period betwen the 1993-1994 and the 2003-2004 school years -- the most recent data available. The report shows the number of Hispanic students in Georgia increased from about 19,000 to 93,000... a 390 percent increase.

And another article about the impending education crisis.

Isnt VAT compunded, so that the end user ends up paying the tax about a thousand times?

Boy is it. That's how you achieve glorious tax rates of 65-85%. Europe is full of VATs. Every time I visit I carry at least 3 tubs of Vaseline with me. Ask Galen more about them. I'm sure he knows.

The VATs, not the tubs of vaseline.

But you never know, I guess.

Isnt VAT compunded, so that the end user ends up paying the tax about a thousand times?
Goods are taxed at each level of the supply chain.

US Style (like now) 10% sales tax:

Raw materials cost manufacturer $1.00

Manufacturer sells product to wholesaler at $1.10 for $0.10 profit.

Wholesaler sells product to retailer at $1.20 for $0.10 profit.

Retailer sells product to consumer for $1.43 for $0.10 profit and $0.13 tax collected. (Intial cost from retailer = $1.30 for $0.10 profit. %10 sales tax + $1.30 = $1.43.)

VAT @ 10% would be:

Manufacturer pays $1.10 ($1.00 + 10%) for the raw materials, and the seller of the raw materials pays the government $0.10.

Manufacturer charges the retailer $1.32 ($1.20 + 10%) and pays the government $0.02 ($0.12 minus $0.10),profit $0.20.

Retailer charges the consumer $1.65 ($1.50 + 10%) and pays the government $0.03 ($0.15 minus $0.12), profit $0.30.

Last edited:
I'm sorry sir your answer is incorrect.

Apparently the correct answer is to make LEGAL taxpaying citizens pay for the education of all their children...so illegals can afford to send their excess income back home to Mexico.

Thank you for playing and please come again! :clap:

Your dream of federal sales tax is just as likely to happen as mine of turning the mexican border into a DMZ.

Boy is it. That's how you achieve glorious tax rates of 65-85%. Europe is full of VATs. Every time I visit I carry at least 3 tubs of Vaseline with me.
You know you can get it back right?

I've recovered just about all the VAT I ever paid.