Tattoo Geekery

Sp`ange

Flaccid Member
Nov 19, 2004
33.745091, -84.390205
www.uselessforums.com
Marklar
₥0
When the tattoo artist told me that my RAM idea wouldn't work, I came up with this geekiness as a new tattoo and cover-up.. An InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator icon tribute thing. Some of these tools are application specifc and some are universal. Geeky and graphic designerly.

azAdobe-Icons-Tattoo.png

We all know that theac has his LoTR tattoo, but who else has something geeky?

Last edited:
April23 said:
Just a Mustang tat... then the fly "fairy" one.

Need moar geek.
:pics:

I have plans for a number of tattoos but I feel that the first one should be a USMC tat which obviously I cannot have right now. A large dragon will one day cover part of my abs and I'm also considering having the birthdays of certain people I care about in binary inked somewhere.

FlyNavy said:
:pics:

I have plans for a number of tattoos but I feel that the first one should be a USMC tat which obviously I cannot have right now. A large dragon will one day cover part of my abs and I'm also considering having the birthdays of certain people I care about in binary inked somewhere.

WTF battlefield tat? eh eh eh?

I don't have a geeky tattoo, but I have a geeky story associated with the one that I have. After a weekend of heavy drinking, three of us decided to get tattoos. I picked out a Celtic themed Griphon, very tastefully inked onto my right calf. As we were all fairly young and very broke (after a weekend of heavy drinking) all I could afford was the line drawing, no color/shading.

So I start minding my P's and Q's and in a couple of months I have enough to have someone color in between the lines. What do I do? I have them print the design stencil, which I immediately take to the office to duplicate. I come home with a ream of stencils and I sit down with three of my younger sisters and we start coloring them all in. Crayons, Markers, Colored Pencils... You name it, we colored with it. At the end I took the three that I liked the most back to the Tattoo shop and said "Which one of these won't look like crap on my skin?"

The end result has held up well all these years, and that's my geeky tattoo story.

reverendsaintjay said:
I don't have a geeky tattoo, but I have a geeky story associated with the one that I have. After a weekend of heavy drinking, three of us decided to get tattoos. I picked out a Celtic themed Griphon, very tastefully inked onto my right calf. As we were all fairly young and very broke (after a weekend of heavy drinking) all I could afford was the line drawing, no color/shading.

So I start minding my P's and Q's and in a couple of months I have enough to have someone color in between the lines. What do I do? I have them print the design stencil, which I immediately take to the office to duplicate. I come home with a ream of stencils and I sit down with three of my younger sisters and we start coloring them all in. Crayons, Markers, Colored Pencils... You name it, we colored with it. At the end I took the three that I liked the most back to the Tattoo shop and said "Which one of these won't look like crap on my skin?"

The end result has held up well all these years, and that's my geeky tattoo story.

hahah.. it'd even be more geeky if you scanned it ang mspainted all the designs. :)