tamponians

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
does anyone know about the winter haven area? i am looking for a good restaurant gift card opportunity for my aunt and uncle. any suggestions?

anyone heard of/know about these restaurants?

captain's waterside grill
perkins restaurant
sea flame steak and seafood
harbor side restaurant
harry's old place
shady oaks cafe

Last edited:
Perkins is like a dennys or an ihop. You go their after a night of binge drinking to eat something greasy and vomit in the bathroom... then you make your way on home. if you get there at like 6am, a bunch of old people show up to drink coffee.

that being said, i love perkins, but it's not exactly fine dining gift certificate material :D

ooooooh.... they do sell pie's though that are awesome. like you buy the whole thing as you're walking out the door.

i went to school at the University of West Winter Haven..

aka Polk Community College.

if you REALLY need to know I will do some research for you.. off top, none of those places ring a bell, and of course, I went to school there a million trillion years ago.

my kid's college is actually out there close to WH.

oh, don't worry about researching for me. :heart: i just didn't know if anyone could recommend something off the top of his/her head. i appreciate it, though!

My uncle owns a fruit plantation in Winterhaven!

Dunno any resturants though, and it's no where near tampa o_O

Also, isnt tamp-on-onian redudant? Seeing as the city's name is Tampa, then people would be Tampons and their culture would be Tamponian.

My uncle owns a fruit plantation in Winterhaven!

Dunno any resturants though, and it's no where near tampa o_O

Also, isnt tamp-on-onian redudant? Seeing as the city's name is Tampa, then people would be Tampons and their culture would be Tamponian.

oooo what's the plantation? i'll make sure they go there and if we ever get down there like we would like to, i'll go too!! :happy:

and ACTUALLY...they would be tampans, cultur tampanian. :fly: maybe we can just call 'em tampaxes.

Did you see mine? Did you?

of course, honey!! thank you for the recommendation!! i looked at it and everything!! i especially appreciated the link...especially since most of the places i'm finding don't have webpages. :mad: is it bad that i get really annoyed when a place doesn't have a page?

of course, honey!! thank you for the recommendation!! i looked at it and everything!! i especially appreciated the link...especially since most of the places i'm finding don't have webpages. :mad: is it bad that i get really annoyed when a place doesn't have a page?

I do too. I'm like what do you mean I can't see the menu? WTF is this? Fucking Russia?