Talk to your GBuddies on Trillian!

SchmilK

Flaccid Member
Jun 22, 2005
Marklar
₥0
So my buddy was just telling me that Jabber = GTalk and trillian can connect to jabber, BUT, you need a new plugin for it to work....so i looked around and found

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=30063

Got the plugin, extractorized it to the trillian folder and voila...all my gbuddies are in there and it works great! :D No more leaving gmail open to talk cause i didnt want to install gtalk :D

BTW...i'm bored in vegas sitting in a ballroom...since sunday november 5th i have 52 hours on my time card and have actually done work for like 5 hours! :eek:

Um, there are instructions on how to do this on Trillain's support page. I've been using GTalk through Trillian since GTalk was released. I wish you would have said you were having issues, I could have pointed you in the right direction a long time ago.

GTalk is useful because you can use the interface in GMail if you're not allowed to install IM clients and most sysadmins might block AIM and MSN servers, but don't know to block GTalk.

Aye. No one my age really uses it, for obvious reasons.

So my buddy was just telling me that Jabber = GTalk and trillian can connect to jabber, BUT, you need a new plugin for it to work....so i looked around and found

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=30063

Got the plugin, extractorized it to the trillian folder and voila...all my gbuddies are in there and it works great! :D No more leaving gmail open to talk cause i didnt want to install gtalk :D

BTW...i'm bored in vegas sitting in a ballroom...since sunday november 5th i have 52 hours on my time card and have actually done work for like 5 hours! :eek:

You're the only person I've ever used gtalk with. :lol: Mostly because I don't like people knowing my name. :fly:

Um, there are instructions on how to do this on Trillain's support page. I've been using GTalk through Trillian since GTalk was released. I wish you would have said you were having issues, I could have pointed you in the right direction a long time ago.

Hello Tech Support?

Is there any way to do this without Trillian Pro? I can't seem to find info about this. K thx

Well i only use gmail's chat to talk to 2 budy o mine and, now i dont hve to leave gmail open to do so cause i didnt want to install gtalk. so i figured i'd share...oh well...good luck...work sucks...

This is just my opinion, so you are very welcome to not care, but you're signature annoys me.

Damn, even I don't care now.

Another post to mark down in the "legendary" column for me. O'Doyle Rules!

Sorry man , but at least you're in Vegas, right? I found it nice to sit in front of the Bellagio at night with a coffee and watch the fountain show. Its not as good as being home, but it helps to make it suck less.

Sooo... what you are telling me here is that I have to buy Trillian Pro to take advantage of this feature. It doesn't seem to work on the free Trillian version.

Ah, I missed the "without" part of the above. Yeah, I don't think there's any way to get it rolling in Trillian Basic. Sorry.