Hawt Talk me out of this (or into it), v tattoo

I think you should do what YOU want... Don't worry about family and coworkers (especially them) and whatever they keep saying to you.

If you can close your eyes and see yourself with a tat, then go for it. Gathering ideas is half the fun

However if you flip flip too much on the idea I suggest you not get it at all.
I was a bit passive with the original post - I was the one who came up with the idea of getting a tattoo, and we've worked through a number of ideas, before the wife suggested an alien, and I thought it would be awesome.

It would be my very first, but I'm surrounded by enablers, lol.

I was a bit passive with the original post - I was the one who came up with the idea of getting a tattoo, and we've worked through a number of ideas, before the wife suggested an alien, and I thought it would be awesome.

Lol
Well the whole alien thing depends on your sense of humor

In this case I would go for it. I was worried it wasn't your idea or favorite which is a bad idea for a tattoo really. If you keep coming back to this one and can picture yourself with it, then go for it.

Who care what others think?

Why don't you find a brilliant tattoo artist first and foremost, speak with them and see what they recommend or whether they can funk the alien up a bit. A good artist will have a bunch of good ideas for working with scars, and the waiting list should be long so you have time to think about it.

I'm getting another in March when I come to Tampa. I have no idea what it is yet. I sent a bunch of pictures to a studio an the guy is drawing up something around those pictures so we shall see.

Why don't you find a brilliant tattoo artist first and foremost, speak with them and see what they recommend or whether they can funk the alien up a bit. A good artist will have a bunch of good ideas for working with scars, and the waiting list should be long so you have time to think about it.

I'm getting another in March when I come to Tampa. I have no idea what it is yet. I sent a bunch of pictures to a studio an the guy is drawing up something around those pictures so we shall see.
I've talked to my friends with body art, and they've all recommended one guy. I called him and he's booked into February, but willing to work with me. I'm going to talk to him after work today.

I've talked to my friends with body art, and they've all recommended one guy. I called him and he's booked into February, but willing to work with me. I'm going to talk to him after work today.

That sounds normal for a good guy. The one I used I had a few weeks wait myself, but I saw him a few times in between to see drawings and stuff. It's kind of nice to have the wait so you don't feel pressured into it all if there is something you don't like. My best friend has a horrid tattoo because she did it all in one sitting. She didn't think long enough and she didn't have the guts to say she didn't like it.

Be sure to show pics of the work!

Yes, never walk in and get one. A good artist should be booked up for a while. Go over designs together, and don't settle. It drives me nuts waiting to get in to see my guy, but it's worth it to have a good artist. Feb 22 is my next sitting, seems like a long time away....

Yes, never walk in and get one. A good artist should be booked up for a while. Go over designs together, and don't settle. It drives me nuts waiting to get in to see my guy, but it's worth it to have a good artist. Feb 22 is my next sitting, seems like a long time away....
What is stuff I didn't know when I was 18, Alex.

This. I had an excellent experience during my last tattoo, the guy was awesome but yeah it took a month to see him.

Now I'm trying to find someone in DC. I want to finally cover the tattoo removal.