Hawt Talk me out of this (or into it), v tattoo

Jehannum

Puts the "pro" in procrastination
Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Marklar
₥108,687
So, I have a massive, nasty scar on my belly.

I don't have a recent picture, but imagine it follows the basic line of my incision (below):
Photo+on+9-17-13+at+4_25+PM.jpg

My wife suggested that I should put a Ripley-style Alien coming out of it, for humor value, and I'm now getting pressure from my cow-orkers to do the same. I really haven't got an opinion on it, but the scar is going to be there forever, and the temptation to decorate it is non-trivial.

Would you do it?

It's funny to talk about it, but having a fucking alien on your stomach for the rest of your life is, in my opinion, not a good decision.

So i just looked up "tatoos for scars" and the two categories are as follows

1) Zippers
2) making the scar into a vagina.

there are more of category 2.

It's funny to talk about it, but having a fucking alien on your stomach for the rest of your life is, in my opinion, not a good decision.
On the other hand, I'll have a big nasty scar on my stomach for the rest of my life, to remind me of what a shitty time the last half of 2013 was.

First tattoo?

Honestly unless it is something *you* want to do then I wouldn't do it. I always think people should think long and hard before doing any tattoo. Those that are well thought out seem to be more well loved and those who just go and do it "because" wind up wanting it changed later.

Someone said to me take a few months to sleep on it for a first tattoo - make sure you love it and don't regret it later.

That's an awesome fucking idea, for so many reasons. The humor might be lost on lots of people, there might be some people who will look at it with disgust, but fuck people's judgement. Do whatever the fuck you want.

About the only consequence I can think of is getting too much recognition for it. If you went to a swimming pool, trunks on and rocking that tattoo, you might find lots of random strangers talking to you about it. Or your kids having friends over and having to hear "dad, show them your tattoo!"

I think you should do what YOU want... Don't worry about family and coworkers (especially them) and whatever they keep saying to you.

If you can close your eyes and see yourself with a tat, then go for it. Gathering ideas is half the fun

However if you flip flip too much on the idea I suggest you not get it at all.