taeric's WEEKLY suggestion: Firefly

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
So, another recommendation for Fly. Firefly. Watch it. After you have seen all of them, go see the movie when it is released in September. All I can say is, wow. They had a sneak preview of it last night that was absolutely awesome. Actually better than Batman, and I liked Batman.

taeric said:
So, another recommendation for Fly. Firefly. Watch it. After you have seen all of them, go see the movie when it is released in September. All I can say is, wow. They had a sneak preview of it last night that was absolutely awesome. Actually better than Batman, and I liked Batman.

Joss Whedon rocks. I never got into firefly, though. Probably because it didn't last a weekend.

The problem with Firefly is that they showed the worst episode of the series first. The train Robbery. The series was cool. It was an interesting mix of a western and scifi. The movie looks cool.

I changed it to note the weekly status of this thread.

Is firefly a show? A movie?

and btw, I watched an episode of Family Guy and just couldnt get into it. :hs:

fly said:
I changed it to note the weekly status of this thread.

Is firefly a show? A movie?

and btw, I watched an episode of Family Guy and just couldnt get into it. :hs:

Fly you suck. :mad:

Firefly was a short lived Josh Whedon show. The show was great but was located in the Fox Friday's of show death time slot. Fans were so upset that he decided to do a movie to offically end the series.

b_sinning said:
Firefly was a short lived Josh Whedon show. The show was great but was located in the Fox Friday's of show death time slot. Fans were so upset that he decided to do a movie to offically end the series.
oh i remember seeing previews for that show. i remember it being about something medical or something, no?

fly said:
oh i remember seeing previews for that show. i remember it being about something medical or something, no?

No, that was "something station" or something like that.

Firefly was a show that didn't exactly last too terribly long. It did last longer than a few of my other recommendations, but only by a couple of weekends.

The basic premise is that of a group of bounty hunters that have picked up a doctor fugitive and his sister. The movie takes place some time after the series (not sure how long, but Book looked much older) and focuses on the storyline with the doc and sister.

It is hard to say what makes the show so good, but I definitely recommend sticking with it for a couple of episodes, at least. Having just seen the movie last night, I'm incredibly stoked on how good it was and I look forward to being able to see a complete version in September. (They didn't even have the credits ready for the version I saw last night.)

I've heard good things about Firefly, perhaps we'll put it on the Blockbuster mailing list and check it out.

They've been showing a few advanced screenings lately. This was the third to happen in Atlanta. They usually sell out within ten minutes. :) Luckily, we knew someone that was off work that day and went to the theater to get tickets.

taeric said:
Firefly was a show that didn't exactly last too terribly long. It did last longer than a few of my other recommendations, but only by a couple of weekends.

The basic premise is that of a group of bounty hunters that have picked up a doctor fugitive and his sister. The movie takes place some time after the series (not sure how long, but Book looked much older) and focuses on the storyline with the doc and sister.

It is hard to say what makes the show so good, but I definitely recommend sticking with it for a couple of episodes, at least. Having just seen the movie last night, I'm incredibly stoked on how good it was and I look forward to being able to see a complete version in September. (They didn't even have the credits ready for the version I saw last night.)

so, you need to let me borrow the DVDs of that (if you have them) and Wonderfalls.

I have never even heard of this supposed show.

At first I thought you were talking about that Darklight movie about the girl who's some kind of demon or something. Some lame show on Sci-Fi.

Sarcasmo said:
I have never even heard of this supposed show.

At first I thought you were talking about that Darklight movie about the girl who's some kind of demon or something. Some lame show on Sci-Fi.

Oh yeah. With that chick from Roswell? Yeah.

SpangeMonkee said:
so, you need to let me borrow the DVDs of that (if you have them) and Wonderfalls.

Definitely, though I seem to have misplaced the Wonderfalls dvd. :( I'm sure it will turn up.