Tactics for relieving pre-exam stress..

L

Lynnakitty

I'm about to take a Math mid-term, and I didn't really start feeling the stress till about 20 minutes ago. I go to take the exam in 20 minutes, and each minute that passes makes me that much more stressed out.
What are some of your tactics to get through a high stress exam?

.. and to think, I thought I missed Math last year. I change my mind! I take it back! :(

Knowing that no matter how much I worry about it, I'm not going to do any worse or better than if I wasn't worried about it usually helps me

Coqui said:
Knowing that no matter how much I worry about it, I'm not going to do any worse or better than if I wasn't worried about it usually helps me
Doesn't work for me. I'm a born worrier. I worry about tons of things. It sucks..
I need like a breathing technique or something.

One of my old favorites was to pretend I was sick and postpone the test until the next day and give myself a little extra time to go over the stuff.

Either that, or sneak into the bathroom/locker room for a little 'self-gratification', the ultimate stress-reliever ;)

BigDov said:
One of my old favorites was to pretend I was sick and postpone the test until the next day and give myself a little extra time to go over the stuff.

Either that, or sneak into the bathroom/locker room for a little 'self-gratification', the ultimate stress-reliever ;)
Yea no..
I want to get this over with. I'll just think of it and be stressed out about it for a logner period of time.

BigDov said:
Then go with Coqui's advice- that's definitely a good tactic.
It doesn't work tho.. I'm trying to distract myself by playing snake, but it's not working well. The "DOH!" just scares the crap out of me.

Lynnakitty said:
It doesn't work tho.. I'm trying to distract myself by playing snake, but it's not working well. The "DOH!" just scares the crap out of me.

Hmm..... try the penguin whacking game- that might be more of a stress reliever.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Enter a zen-like meditative state and ponder the surface of an apple
I'd like to eat an apple.. I'm kinda hungry :/

Try worrying about important things, like starvation in Africa or Terrorism or Global Warming or something.

long tall smiley said:
Try worrying about important things, like starvation in Africa or Terrorism or Global Warming or something.
Yea that'll help

BigDov said:
:fly:

Laughter is a good stress reliever too.

Pope on a rope never gets old either lololol
:lol: I love pope on a rope...

needs moar laughing