Register for an adventure

Interested in learning new things that you never actually wanted to know?

Tactics for relieving pre-exam stress..

Discussion in 'useless chatter' started by Lynnakitty, Oct 21, 2004.

1. I'm about to take a Math mid-term, and I didn't really start feeling the stress till about 20 minutes ago. I go to take the exam in 20 minutes, and each minute that passes makes me that much more stressed out.
    What are some of your tactics to get through a high stress exam?

.. and to think, I thought I missed Math last year. I change my mind! I take it back! :(

2. Knowing that no matter how much I worry about it, I'm not going to do any worse or better than if I wasn't worried about it usually helps me

3. Doesn't work for me. I'm a born worrier. I worry about tons of things. It sucks..
    I need like a breathing technique or something.

4. I think they'd discourage drinking beer in class. Let alone near the computer lab I'm in.

5. One of my old favorites was to pretend I was sick and postpone the test until the next day and give myself a little extra time to go over the stuff.

Either that, or sneak into the bathroom/locker room for a little 'self-gratification', the ultimate stress-reliever ;)

6. Yea no..
    I want to get this over with. I'll just think of it and be stressed out about it for a logner period of time.

7. Then go with Coqui's advice- that's definitely a good tactic.

8. It doesn't work tho.. I'm trying to distract myself by playing snake, but it's not working well. The "DOH!" just scares the crap out of me.

9. Enter a zen-like meditative state and ponder the surface of an apple

10. Hmm..... try the penguin whacking game- that might be more of a stress reliever.

11. I'd like to eat an apple.. I'm kinda hungry :/

12. Hahaha.. maybe..

13. Try worrying about important things, like starvation in Africa or Terrorism or Global Warming or something.

14. Yea that'll help

15. You forgot the health of the Pope

16. :lol:
    POPE ON A ROPE!

17. And the plight of ground squirrels in soybean fields.

WHO'S GOING TO THINK OF THE SQUIRRELS!!!!!?????

18. :fly:

Laughter is a good stress reliever too.

Pope on a rope never gets old either lololol

19. :lol: I love pope on a rope...

needs moar laughing