Tabula Rasa Vix Nihil At All

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥21,495
Help me decipher the meaning of this phrase. I know the first part means clean slate but "vix nihil" continues to elude me. Who remembers enough Latin from high school or confirmation to tell me the meaning of this phrase?

Vix means 'with difficulty'
Nihil means 'nothing'

I have no fucking idea what Rasa means and what declension it is. Vix is an adverb followed Nihil which is an undeclinable noun so it could be "blah blah 'with no difficulty'". Of course Vix could be modifying Rasa then it comes out with something like "Document 'Rasa-difficult or scarcely' nothing.". Or the entire thing could start "Nothing-Document-Rasa-hardly"

Last edited:
Could be "Not difficult to gain a new impression". That would be taking poetic license to the MAX though. It looks like gibberish.

funny, i know two forum people with tabula rosa and nihil as names

not that that helps at all...,

Last edited:
i read a few things in 11th grade by someone that talked about tabula rasa, i think i was readnig voltaire at the same time :lol: exciting childhood

FlamingGlory said:
Could be "Not difficult to gain a new impression". That would be taking poetic license to the MAX though. It looks like gibberish.
Tabula rasa translates to clean slate...and considering the performance this was the title to your translation fits quite well. Thanks :)

FlyNavy said:
Tabula rasa translates to clean slate...and considering the performance this was the title to your translation fits quite well. Thanks :)
Shit I rock! :D

Rasa is the feminine of rasus, which means 'erased'.

Tabula rasa basically means clean slate, or 'from the beginning'. Tabula - tablet, rasa - erased.

Little Known Latin Phrases

Valui ad satanam in computatrum meum invocandum.
I succeeded in summoning satan into my computer.

Isto pensitaris?
You get paid for this crap?

Totum dependeat.
Let it all hang out.!

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?
Is that a scroll in your toga, or are you just happy to see me?

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Re vera, potas bene.
Say, you sure are drinking alot.

Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
Life is too short to dance with ugly women

Cogito sumere potum alterum.
I think I’ll have another drink.

Last one there is "I think I'll have a different drink" or 'alternate'. Not specifically a +1 drink please.

I do not understand this thread. Moderator please delete it.

Latin is an interesting language, but I think I'd enjoy learning Japanese more.

Japanese is for fat pussies who still live with their moms. German is the language of champions.

Clearly.

Here you go guys, have some of Satan's Syrup.

77634633.jpg

Edit: and cover your mouth when you cough.