Tables are turned PS3 powns Xbox 360 in power.

Ryokurin said:
probably because it does 1080 P Thats right P. who knows if thats theroretical highest, but Damm.
BTW - HDMI supports 1080p with 1 connector. It has about 5Gbps bandwidth. It doesn't require 2 to do 1080p.

theacoustician said:
Holy shit, Sony has been reading my posts. Not only does it take Memory stick, but also SD and CF.

I told you I didn't think Sony would go the completely proprietary route this time. Something about the PSP just made it look like they are going to be a bit more open than other companies in the gaming market.

The question I have, is how will they protect against piracy? I'm glad they haven't addressed it publicly yet, but it should be a concern.

I have heard they are a bitch, on the computer they are running on. Typically because Windows doesn't like poorly written drivers. And nic drivers are usually not the most topnotch. Other than that, I don't see what should be so hard about them.

I think I've heard this concept somewhere before ... "The PSP can be used for wireless transfers between the PS3 and also as a controller"

Yeah.... Hopefully more than just a single game actually does it. The upside is the psp has all the buttons. (I think. It may be missing two, not sure)

Still, though, seems sorta like a not good idea. :)

Having watched the videos of the games.... damn. Looks sweet. I can't wait to see what the people that made ICO can do with this thing. (For those that never played it, ICO remains one of the most beautiful games to date.)

taeric said:
Yeah.... Hopefully more than just a single game actually does it. The upside is the psp has all the buttons. (I think. It may be missing two, not sure)

Still, though, seems sorta like a not good idea. :)

Having watched the videos of the games.... damn. Looks sweet. I can't wait to see what the people that made ICO can do with this thing. (For those that never played it, ICO remains one of the most beautiful games to date.)
Where did you find videos?

Ok, I've now read on two different places that they mention something about "HD anywhere broadcasting". That is a load of crap. But the games look cool as hell.

I will try to find good links. The trailer I saw was streamed on gamespot.

And I'm heading to bed as soon as my damned program boots in Canada. Bloody freezing bastards.

That might be all well and good, but are they going to put thought into games that will make me want to play it?
I am sick of over-hyped games that can be completed in 3-4 hours, and for god sake I've seen more than my fair share of NASCAR inceptions everytime there's a "crash" or if someone makes a right turn.

Drool-Boy said:
sonys controller looks like a fuckin boomerang
my hands hurt just lookin at it
speak for yourself, you prolly have much bigger hands than i do. my poor, midget-like hands are crying looking at that controller:(

F33nX said:
speak for yourself, you prolly have much bigger hands than i do. my poor, midget-like hands are crying looking at that controller:(

I guess so
I always liked the original xbox "Duke" controller
the controller "s" always cramped my hands if I held it for more than 15 minutes. I use the logitech wireless controller now, its bigger than the s controller and has a nice comfy shape.

theacoustician said:
And apparently its 1080p capable. Interesting because there are barely any 1080 native monitors on the market yet and it will be years before they're affordable. That's really a sign I think they're gunning for older gamers and almost completely passing kids by.
I think you're trying to read too much into things. Stop being so excited. :fly:

theacoustician said:
I think I've heard this concept somewhere before ... "The PSP can be used for wireless transfers between the PS3 and also as a controller"

Nintendo

theacoustician said:
WTF does it have 2 HDMI outs for? Interesting that its technically more powerful. I'd like to see how easy it is to program for.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html

The PlayStation 3 will also sport some hefty multimedia features, such as video chat, Internet access, digital photo viewing, and digital audio and video. Speaking of video, Sony Computer Entertainment's chief technical officer Masa Chatani was on hand to show off the PS3's panoramic video functions. Since the console has two HD outputs, it is can be hooked up to two side-by-side HDTVs to projecting video in a 32:9 extra-widescreen format (think Cinemascope in your living room). Like a gigantic version of the Nintendo DS, the dual digital outputs also allow for an extended game display, with the action on one screen and either game information or video chat on the second