tab spasm

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
this ever happen to you? it happens to me once every few months, and every time it makes me laugh. I'm browsing the web, reading a news article or something. It usually happens in the morning before I get to my second cup of coffee. I'm reading along, usually doing a bit of random highlighting as I go, when suddenly the focus goes NUTS. Focus starts running down the web page, scrolling as it goes, then jumps to the top and runs all the way down again. Since it's early I'm kind of entranced slightly when it begins. I carefully lift my fingers off the mouse buttons and wiggle it a bit to make sure it's still working right. Focus keeps going haywire. It takes about fifteen seconds (and many scrolls of the page) for me to realize that my relaxed alt-tab left hand position is a bit too relaxed, and I'm holding down tab.

So I have a chuckle and think of who I could tell that could possibly appreciate such a story. Today I'm trying y'all. What do you think?

I have weird shit happen to me too. Sometimes when I'm browsing my windows will close for no reason, the mouse cursor will jump to the top left corner, pages will scroll by themself. I think I'm haunted by the ghost of a dead mouse.

I have weird shit happen to me too. Sometimes when I'm browsing my windows will close for no reason, the mouse cursor will jump to the top left corner, pages will scroll by themself. I think I'm haunted by the ghost of a dead mouse.

Or someone is using your compute without telling you from another computer... yesh!

I don't think it's that. For example the other day my mouse started highlighting words when I'd click, instead of placing the cursor. I couldn't click hyperlinks either, because of course it would just highlight them. I closed and reopened the browser to no avail. It only worked again when I rebooted. That happend three times in 20 minutes.

I have a habit of rightclicking my mouse when i get distracted due to my middle finger over shoots these tiny dell mice and I insticntivly curl my hand around the mouse.

It takes about fifteen seconds (and many scrolls of the page) for me to realize that my relaxed alt-tab left hand position is a bit too relaxed, and I'm holding down tab.

So I have a chuckle and think of who I could tell that could possibly appreciate such a story. Today I'm trying y'all. What do you think?

Tab key? when you normally rest your hand on the keyboard a finger is on the tab key? Jezzz pay attention to what you are doing:fly:...

For me its normally A, S or D that goes nutz when I get to relaxed and yes it takes me about 20 seconds to realize what I have done :D

Tab key? when you normally rest your hand on the keyboard a finger is on the tab key? Jezzz pay attention to what you are doing:fly:...

For me its normally A, S or D that goes nutz when I get to relaxed and yes it takes me about 20 seconds to realize what I have done :D
i have the "my monitor faces an area where my boss can sneak up on me" alt-tab deathgrip for instant swapping of windows. however, even when i switch over to typing mode, i don't use a normal touch typing stance. i learned how to type fast sending im's and using the command line in autocad. i think hand position is much like an accent, and is affected by what you did most often when learning. i bet accountant types keep their right hand closer to the number pad than i do.

i have the "my monitor faces an area where my boss can sneak up on me" alt-tab deathgrip for instant swapping of windows. however, even when i switch over to typing mode, i don't use a normal touch typing stance. i learned how to type fast sending im's and using the command line in autocad. i think hand position is much like an accent, and is affected by what you did most often when learning. i bet accountant types keep their right hand closer to the number pad than i do.

I took typing courses when I was young so pointers are always on F and J, normally though I find my left pointer on D cause I play to many video games :fly:

You need the boss button from thinkgeek

Thats it. I looked for the link again, but couldn't find it.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/76ed/

stealthswitch.jpg