Ontopic Syria

What should be done

• Total voters
They had a chance of an arab spring type revolution (which by the way, a couple years later, all those countries are in awful awful shape), but it was hijacked.

Theyre completely fucked.

We should send Semperfly to Syria. That is all.

65919%20-%20applejack%20artist%253Acontrail09%20fluttershy%20mane_six%20military%20pinkie_pie%20rainbow_dash%20rarity%20twilight_sparkle.jpg

Standing by and watching as innocent people and children are gassed to death by the thousand is the same thing as gassing them yourself.

I agree but why are we so concerned with this instance of treating people horribly? There's lots of that going on all over the world. Why not intervene in Sudan, Yemen, Myanmar or Burma or whatever the hell they like to be called, or North Korea? Or better yet, why not start at home where we have 1 in 5 children living without enough to eat? We have prisons where the conditions are abysmal and prisoners who haven't seen a courtroom. Sure we aren't gassing people to death, but I'd say before we start worrying about what's happening halfway around the world, shouldn't we make sure our shit smells like roses first?

We should stay the fuck home and tell the military industrial complex to fuck off and stop siphoning all the money out the country's coffers.

This.

Anyone entertaining conspiracy theories regarding Syria?

Not yet, but I love a good conspiracy theory. I'd like to hear them.

Let secular turkey engulf them. Turkey tends to at least attempt to have a reasonable balance between govt and religion.

I agree but why are we so concerned with this instance of treating people horribly? There's lots of that going on all over the world. Why not intervene in Sudan, Yemen, Myanmar or Burma or whatever the hell they like to be called, or North Korea? Or better yet, why not start at home where we have 1 in 5 children living without enough to eat? We have prisons where the conditions are abysmal and prisoners who haven't seen a courtroom. Sure we aren't gassing people to death, but I'd say before we start worrying about what's happening halfway around the world, shouldn't we make sure our sh*t smells like roses first?

No. That's like saying a DA can't prosecute any more crimes if they are having marital problems at home. Having the ability to punitively strike Syria for mudering thousands of its own citizens has nothing to do with people being unemployed and/or hungry in Kentucky, or prisoners languishing in holding cells without speedy trial. The two things have nothing to do with each other.

The US has the ability to launch missiles or drop bombs on Syrian government installations. Right now. And it should do so. Most of the world has agreed that weapons of mass destruction are to be proactively discouraged, and their indiscriminate use punished. And yet we're sitting around coming up with reasons to not care. Why? This isn't about policing the world, it's about upholding long-established tenets regarding the preservation of humanity from genocide. We learned a lot about justice and breaking points in the first 50 years of the 20th century. Those lessons shouldn't be any less applicable today.

America needs to learn to take care of it's own people before they start worrying about other countries, and controlling who's in charge of them.

America needs to learn to take care of it's own people before they start worrying about other countries, and controlling who's in charge of them.

Patriotism and nationalism are what cause these sorts of problems in the first place. This isn't about Americans before Syrians. Nor should it be. It's about people. If the Syrian government is going to quell unrest with lethal chemicals, then it should be quelled with fire. For humanity's sake.