Syd Barret DIES

Sarcasmo said:
Man, I bet Ape's got some hail damage after that little love fest.

Are you saying my insurance company will deny me coverage? It's just a little* damage.

*Big freaking wide ass hole where my crotch used to be

I use dto be a fanatical Floyd fan-- probably bought every one of their records at least twice in my life-- and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little bit sad over this. Shine on.

Oh, and Sarcasmo-- Waters was the money.

itburnswhenipee said:
I use dto be a fanatical Floyd fan-- probably bought every one of their records at least twice in my life-- and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little bit sad over this. Shine on.

Oh, and Sarcasmo-- Waters was the money.

He was a fat dude who shaved off his eyebrows. Their best albums came after him.

Sarcasmo said:
He was a fat dude who shaved off his eyebrows. Their best albums came after him.

What, you mean Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell? *shrugs* Well, you like what you like I guess. Me... I guess I kinda dig that angsty, middle-aged-man thing he did on The Final Cut... and, to a lesser degree, in general.

Regardless, they'd lost a lot of their thunder, I think, after The Wall. I'm gonna have to pick up another copy of Ummagumma. I remember, in my youth, listening to Rick Wright repeatedly beat the shit out of several grand pianos in Sisyphus. I wonder if I've got the patience for that kind of thing nowadays.

itburnswhenipee said:
What, you mean Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell? *shrugs* Well, you like what you like I guess. Me... I guess I kinda dig that angsty, middle-aged-man thing he did on The Final Cut... and, to a lesser degree, in general.

Regardless, they'd lost a lot of their thunder, I think, after The Wall. I'm gonna have to pick up another copy of Ummagumma. I remember, in my youth, listening to Rick Wright repeatedly beat the shit out of several grand pianos in Sisyphus. I wonder if I've got the patience for that kind of thing nowadays.
Final Cut is the only album I actually own :(

Edit: Pink Floyd album.

Last edited:
Arátoeldar said:
:barf:

Syd Barrett era Psychedelic Rock :cool: :)
Gilmour and or Waters era Progressive Rock which they along with Yes, Jethro Tull, and Kansas defined. :cool: :)
I meant Pink Floyd album. Goddamn I'm retarded.

Now Im really fucking sad for some reason. SHIT.

FlamingGlory said:
I meant Pink Floyd album. Goddamn I'm retarded.

Now I'm really fucking sad for some reason. SHIT.

Yes I know that. I consider that album the worst one they ever put out. All it was Roger going boo hoo "I'll be a self indulgent narcissistic asshat while writing this album"

Arátoeldar said:
Yes I know that. I consider that album the worst one they ever put out. All it was Roger going boo hoo "I'll be a self indulgent narcissistic asshat while writing this album"

Yeah I never thought much of that album either.

Arátoeldar said:
IMO it was essentially a Waters solo album. The remarkable thing about it is there arent any 'songs' on it.

Sarcasmo said:
The Wall is arguably the greatest album of all time.

I did a lot of research on Syd for a Philosophy paper I wrote in College. He was a bizarre man. He was very well depicted in 'The Wall' as a psycopath. From what I have read it was not so far from the truth?

Drool-Boy said:
I had no idea. I thought the guy had died years and years ago. :shrug: Ill still happily listen to my 'Floyd albums.
Think Ill put on WYWH next:cool:

Me too. I was sure he was dead. Oh well. I guess I won't have to grieve over this one.

I have some limited experience with what hallucinogens can do to a person with a predisposition to mental illness. It's not a good scene. If you might be a psychopath or schizophrenic, chances are that using something like LSD will bring it out and make it worse than it would have been.

Candy said:
I did a lot of research on Syd for a Philosophy paper I wrote in College. He was a bizarre man. He was very well depicted in 'The Wall' as a psycopath. From what I have read it was not so far from the truth?

Last time I was at your house I think you were watching the wall or something and someone there hadnt ever seen it, who was that? you or shawn?

BeeRad said:
Last time I was at your house I think you were watching the wall or something and someone there hadnt ever seen it, who was that? you or shawn?

Shawn.

I grew up listening to Pink Floyd and saw them live (with Roger Waters) in 1994 at Tampa Stadium.

Good shit - even their older stuff before Waters.