Swimsuit Model Saved From Tsunami

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model Petra Nemcova was injured and her photographer boyfriend is missing after the pair were caught up in the Asian tsunami disaster.
Nemcova told the New York Daily News that she survived the tsunami, which has killed at least 33,000 people, by clinging to a palm tree for eight hours, despite a broken pelvis and internal injuries.
Rescuers in Phuket, Thailand, took her via stretcher to a local hospital. She was eventually airlifted to a hospital in Hat Yai, 150 miles southeast of Phuket.
"I was so broken, I couldn't walk," Nemcova told the Daily News. "There were so many people with horrible injuries, with blood everywhere. It was like a war movie.
"There might be pieces of bone stuck to my organs."
Nemcova's publicist, Rob Shuter, told the New York Post that his client is "very lucky to be alive."
Nemcova, who appeared on the 2003 SI swimsuit cover, and her boyfriend, British photographer Simon Atlee, had been vacationing in Phuket when the waves swept over them Sunday.
"I can't find Simon," Nemcova told the Daily News. "It was horrible. I'm very lucky, but I can't find Simon."
Atlee's agent, Eve Stoner, said British authorities had no information on Atlee's fate.
"We are just very hopeful," Stoner said. "As time goes on we are getting quite frantic and stressed about it. Our thoughts are really with Petra and Simon's family at the moment."
In addition to her SI cover and fashion spreads, the Czech-born Nemcova, 25, has appeared in magazines such as Marie Claire and Vogue, and also has modeled for Victoria's Secret.
Atlee, 33, is a well-known fashion photographer who recently shot the pictures for Nemcova's 2005 calendar.
Nemcova told the Daily News that a huge wave pulled her and Atlee from the bungalow they were staying in at Phuket.
"It was so powerful I couldn't get up. I couldn't get out of it," Nemcova told the Daily News from her hospital bed in Thailand.
"People and kids were screaming all over the place, 'Help, help.' And after a few minutes, you didn't hear the kids anymore."
Fashion designer Jamison Ernest told the Post that Nemcova and Atlee had been dating for two years. Ernest spent 15 hours trying trying to locate Nemcova before finally reaching her.
"She sounded beat-up," Ernest told the newspaper. "She was in terrible pain and obviously very distressed.
"She said she doesn't know what happened to Simon. She started crying when she mentioned his name."
Family and friends have been calling hospitals in Thailand in hopes of finding information about Atlee.
"I have spoken to his sister in England and his family is just frantic," Ernest told the Post. "They have heard nothing and they are going out of their minds with worry.
"Simon is a lovely guy, and we are just hoping and praying for the best."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
txnemcovacover9fz.jpg

Your news here first... hear what matters. :fly:

such as waste i mean, model covered in water, torn clothes, and no photographer to turn it in to a sexy shoot...

fly said:

I was so going to say that! :)

Reading that is really disturbing though. I can't even imagine. One of my customers went to India for her Cousin's wedding the week before Christams and was scheudled to come back on 1/3. I haven't heard from her since Friday and I am really worried. I wish I knew what part of India she was going to. :(

JJ Lady said:
I was so going to say that! :)

Reading that is really disturbing though. I can't even imagine. One of my customers went to India for her Cousin's wedding the week before Christams and was scheudled to come back on 1/3. I haven't heard from her since Friday and I am really worried. I wish I knew what part of India she was going to. :(

worry is the real killer for me, i cant stand anticipation and uncertainty.

Restless said:
such as waste i mean, model covered in water, torn clothes, and no photographer to turn it in to a sexy shoot...
broken pelvis, blood everywhere, tears streaming down her face....

I saw this last night on Yahoo and thought it was a pretty pathetic story. It was headlined "Celebrities Affected By Tsunami" or some shit like that........ nevermind the fucking 50k dead people I guess. :confused:

BigBoi69 said:
I saw this last night on Yahoo and thought it was a pretty pathetic story. It was headlined "Celebrities Affected By Tsunami" or some shit like that........ nevermind the fucking 50k dead people I guess. :confused:
80 thousand and counting.

Can you imagine? Thats like a larget town or small city here in the US suddenly disappearing.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Not disappearing, but laying about rotting all over lawns, building steps, beaches, etc.

It has all the makings of a zombie movie
Minus the fun zombie killing portions. Imagine if Florida were submerged from coast to coast by a wave.

If that twig Model could survive then more of the 50k+ should have been able to make it. I think some of them were like "fuck it. I live in a shack made of straw and this place blows. I'll try again in the next life." then you had the few that were like "Surfs Up! Grab your boards!"

UNICEF said:
Minus the fun zombie killing portions. Imagine if Florida were submerged from coast to coast by a wave.

Depends Adult Diapers would be bankrupt within a month. The north East economy would hit a depression caused by everyone mourning their parents or grandparents. The rest of the south would party for a week.