Sweet zomby jeebus i love booze

itburnswhenipee

Lonestar
May 25, 2005
Maryland
Marklar
₥797
I command you to declare your favorite drink!

I shall use your answers to judge your characters and ultimate worth as human beings!

Yay! I'm part of the problem!!!

an old fashioned made with rye whisky. my own personal recipe is as follows:

1-1/2 tsp of sugar
approx. two ounces of water
5 shakes of agnostura bitters
two ounces of rye whisky
ice
2 maraschino cherries

put the sugar in the glass.
add water and bitters
stir with a spoon until sugar is dissolved. use a little water as possible to fully dissolve sugar, and add more if necessary to ensure all sugar dissolves.
add whisky.
ice to fill.
pour drink back and forth between cocktail shaker and glass two or three times. (do not shake, pouring is sufficient to mix and cool)
rinse syrup off cherries, then add to drink.

Martinis should never be mixed in tins, imo. Glass. Stir. Serve. 86 the vermouth, add a dash...a DASH...of olive juice.

I haven't had a martini in forever. There is a reason for this. I can't control myself on tall drinks and beers.

I do fancy a gin with a little tonic. I also like a nice bourbon like Basil Hayden with a couple cubes. My regular drink is either Mich Ultra or Bacardi and diet supplemented by room temp tequila.

I'm not convinced that I can fully embrace the martini elitism thing. I mean, the appletini? Che chocolatini? The beef-jerkytini ( strictly a product of my own fantasy. if you know where to get one tell me)? Yeah... I can see declaring them "not martinis."

But any combination of either gin or vodka with vermouth, regardless of ratio, I think is a martini.

Hell, when I make a dirty martini it's usually 4-1 ratio of booze to vermouth, with the remainder of the glass being filled with olive juice. I guess I should call it a fucking filthy martini.

Sometime you should try mixing the gin and tonic in your mouth instead of going through the pesky ritual of finding a clean glass. Good times will be had by all, bathrooms will be destroyed.

All evidence of this has been lost to time and memory defect like tears in the rain. Time to forget. *Roy Batty tear*

small batch bourbon, neat
gin and tonic
white russian
some of the glen 15 yr that's sitting on the counter
toasted almond
dark and stormy
7 and 7
good microbrews
good wine

Last edited:
jack and diet
tom collins
captain ginger
i'm starting to really enjoy real beer
...just about anything after i've already had a couple

taivas, let's go do fruity together. :D

The one drink that is my staple:
Gin and tonic with lime

Others that I like:
Dirty martini (dry gin not vodka)
Makers Mark on the rocks
Various beers...usually darks and reds.

I enjoyed some sam adams ale last night. Always a treat.
Lately Ive acquired a taste for bourbon. Polished off a bottle of makers mark last week.
Same with scotch.
When we sign for the new house Ill probably get a bottle of Glenlivet to celebrate.