Sweet, I get permission to exist!

so is this weekend like, parades all over the nation? what's the occasion again?

This weekend is in rememberance of the Stonewall Riots in NY. Basically those riots were the start of the equality rights movement for LGBT citizens.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots[/ame]

It is staggered out, however, all through the year internationally, but traditionally it was for this week because of the anniversary of the riots is this week.

I'm curious why I haven't heard anything about GLAAD calling out Perez Hilton for using the 'f' word. They were all over the place the last time that term made the news.

Dissappointing, to say the least.

NM. They did. It's just buried in the Kansas City press.

Last edited:
I'm curious why I haven't heard anything about GLAAD calling out Perez Hilton for using the 'f' word. They were all over the place the last time that term made the news.

Dissappointing, to say the least.

They did apologize, just not to him. They said anyone using that type of language is not good, and how he was saying it wasn't as violent as a punch in the face. And I thought he said it after the punch, but I don't know.

I try to ignore him and his BS as much as I can.

PH doesn't strike me as someone you'd want to be the face of your "movement".

Well in a strange way you kinda do only because it gives another angle and viewpoint. If everyone is equal, that means his rights need to be the same as anyone elses. What he does with the rights and privileges and how he expresses his responsibility with them is his issue. But you still have to offer all of those things to even the likes of him. Even to someone like me, whether we "deserve" it or not, they should still be offered to be under the guise of "all citizens are equal".

so I live in an area of st pete called Historic Kenwood.. got this in my email this week:

Don’t Forget, Historic Kenwood is hosting Movie Night at our park THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT, 8:30 PM – 10:30PMish., Seminole Park 29th Street and 3rd Avenue. This movie is rated R, so viewer discretion is advised.
Bring a blanket, lawn chair, your favorite beverage(s) and/or snacks so you can sit back and enjoy this funny movie. Obviously this movie was chosen for this weekend’s St. Pete Pride event that is being held right here in our own neighborhood. This event will bring anywhere from 50,000 to 70,000 people to our neighborhood. It is one of the largest, if not THE largest, event s in St. Pete.
I have not watched the movie, but some have suggested that if you have, please feel free to dress up as your favorite character. I will give out a prize to the best dressed character, to be awarded after the movie.
This year, HKNA residents put together our first float representing the essence of Kenwood. Our own City Councilman Jeff Danner designed it and orchestrated its construction. A great group of neighbors worked on it for about three weekends to build it. So please come out this weekend if you have a chance to see the float on central (between 31st St and 20th St). The street festival/parade goes from 11am to 4pm.
This event has always been family friendly and the families do attend.

.... the movie is Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

dbzeags shameful secret is that he uses all this homosexual militancy to bang really hot chicks when they least expect it

Well in a strange way you kinda do only because it gives another angle and viewpoint. If everyone is equal, that means his rights need to be the same as anyone elses. What he does with the rights and privileges and how he expresses his responsibility with them is his issue. But you still have to offer all of those things to even the likes of him. Even to someone like me, whether we "deserve" it or not, they should still be offered to be under the guise of "all citizens are equal".

got no problem with equal rights.

PH, for one named himself after the other Hilton. :waw:

and he just seems like a loose cannon, that's all. I don't read his blog, nor follow him closely. I really don't know why he's "famous".

so I live in an area of st pete called Historic Kenwood.. got this in my email this week:

Don’t Forget, Historic Kenwood is hosting Movie Night at our park THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT, 8:30 PM – 10:30PMish., Seminole Park 29th Street and 3rd Avenue. This movie is rated R, so viewer discretion is advised.
Bring a blanket, lawn chair, your favorite beverage(s) and/or snacks so you can sit back and enjoy this funny movie. Obviously this movie was chosen for this weekend’s St. Pete Pride event that is being held right here in our own neighborhood. This event will bring anywhere from 50,000 to 70,000 people to our neighborhood. It is one of the largest, if not THE largest, event s in St. Pete.
I have not watched the movie, but some have suggested that if you have, please feel free to dress up as your favorite character. I will give out a prize to the best dressed character, to be awarded after the movie.
This year, HKNA residents put together our first float representing the essence of Kenwood. Our own City Councilman Jeff Danner designed it and orchestrated its construction. A great group of neighbors worked on it for about three weekends to build it. So please come out this weekend if you have a chance to see the float on central (between 31st St and 20th St). The street festival/parade goes from 11am to 4pm.
This event has always been family friendly and the families do attend.

.... the movie is Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

I am confused why this is relevant, but then again I am a simpleton and apparently a lesser human.

got no problem with equal rights.

PH, for one named himself after the other Hilton. :waw:

and he just seems like a loose cannon, that's all. I don't read his blog, nor follow him closely. I really don't know why he's "famous".

He is "famous" because of stunts like this. He is a loose cannon, for sure, but then again there are many others, too. And there are other loose cannons on the other side (think Westboro Church members). Sometimes any visibility is good. Sometimes it's not. I think the equal rights movement is starting to need just good visibility and if there was one leader spearheading this, much like an MLK for the civil rights movement, I think it would be better.

Unfortunately there isn't one right now.